Spécifications, Équipements et informations supplémentaires:
Nom du bateau
Quille: Quille à Bulbe
Forme de la coque: Monocoque
Longeur hors tout: 17.55 m
Maître bau: 5.05 m
Longeur de ligne de flottaison: 15.32 m
Tirant d'eau maximum: 2.85 m
Déplacement: 27000 Kilogrammes Chargé à plein
Puissance totale: 160 HP
Marque moteur: Yanmar
Année de construction: 2005
Modèle moteur: 4LHA HTP 160hp
Type de moteur/essence: Diesel
Nombre d'heures: 3900
Hélice: Hélice tripale
Type de transmission: Prise directe
Puissance moteur: 160 HP
Nombre de réservoirs d'eau: 2 Acier inoxydable (775 Litres)
Nombre de réservoirs de carburant: 3 Acier inoxydable (2000 Litres)
Nombre de couchettes simples: 2
Nombre de couchettes doubles: 2
Nombre de cabines: 3
Nombre de toilettes: 2
Northern Winds is a Farr 56 Pilot House built by BSI Marine in Sweden in 2005
There are very few Pilot House yachts around which offer the performance and live-aboard capability of this yacht.
She is ideal for the long term cruising couple who plan to spend extended periods of time on board without the need for additional crew. Indeed this is what she has been used for.
She has a light and airy pilothouse, large internal volume, cavernous deck storage, great machinery access and a palatial aft cabin. Couple this with a performance for which Farr designs are renowned and she truly is an ideal cruising yacht.
Northern Winds has been cruised by its current owner from Sweden via the Panama canal, Pacific and Australasia, Indonesia and to its current location in Phuket. This boat has had less use over he past four years and has undergone a thorough refit as the owner prepared her to continue on its voyage. New opportunities have arisen and she is now on the market.
To say that this boat is in turn key condition is an understatement. This term is used quite loosely but you could join Northern Winds tomorrow fill her up with fuel and food and leave on an Ocean voyage.
The owner has been fastidious with the maintenance and upgrades as time has progressed. She has recently had a new teak deck, new batteries and new electrical installation including chargers etc., new instrumentation etc. She carries an abundance of spare parts which are all documented.
Built by ourselves for its current owner in 2005, Northern Winds is ready to go. If you are looking for a serious offshore cruising yacht for the 2020 season she should be on your list.
The hull is of a single skin solid laminate in the central regions below the waterline with the remainder and topsides in a sandwich construction using a Divinycell core that is fitted using the latest vacuum techniques. Multi-axial matting is used with Vinylester resin. The hull is finished in white gelcoat with a dark blue coloured cove line and boot topping. Internally, the hull is top-coated throughout.
An internal bottom grid is laid up in a female mould and then laminated into the base of the hull increasing stiffness throughout the hull structure. The hull is formed with an integral keel stub to which the lead keel is through bolted. This also forms the separate engine and main bilge sumps.
The main bulkheads are made of marine grade plywood with a mahogany veneer and laminated on both sides to the hull and deck. The chain plates are bolted to the reinforced main bulkhead. The backstay chain plate is bolted to the transom. The loads of all rigging and deck fittings are distributed through the hull via changes in the lay up of the affected areas.
- Hull and deck hand laid in purpose built modern laminating hall.
- Kevlar layer in hull layup
- Vinylester resins with a Multiaxial matting over a Divinycell core
- Cove lines and boot top in gelcoat.
- Hull internally painted with topcoat throughout
- Internal stiffening provided from a bottom grid made from a female mould
- Keel stub integral with hull forming a deep bilge
- 2 coats of anti-fouling on top of two coats of epoxy primer
- Bolt on wing keel for high performance
- Spade rudder with 125mm Aluminium stock mounted using self aligning bearings
Layout from forward
Forepeak area with workshop and sail stowage area. Teak work bench and ample stowage for sails. Carbon Pasarelle stowed on starboard side. Access to Bow Thruster. Rondal flush Hatch to deck. Stainless steel gun stowage locker
Water tight door leading to Twin cabin on the port side with upper and lower berths both with lee cloths. Hanging locker to starboard with shelving and hanging space which is drained so it can be used as a wet locker. Air conditioned. Access to under floor stowage through hinged floor panels and access under the lower berth through drop down hatches.
Door to passageway to saloon. Access to guest heads to port and guest cabin to starboard. Guest heads to port with separate shower, Tecma toilet and washbasin. Electric towel rail. Shower has swivelling perspex door. Guest cabin to starboard with double berth and hanging locker. Dry stowage under bed. Access to under floor stowage through hinged floorboards. Large drawer under berth. Air conditioning
Steps to saloon which has a large L shaped seating area to starboard with dining table and sofa to port. Ample stowage. Access to engine through the lifting floor which is on hydraulic rams to assist. Navigation area to starboard in the aft corner. Fully Air conditioned. Fusion AV750 radio/CD/DVD player with Amp and full surround sound. Samsung TV connected to Fusion. Oceanair Skyshade blinds to all Pilothouse windows and Skyscreen blinds to all skylights
Steps down to the galley fitted with a Force 10 cooker, microwave, Chest freezer and two stainless steel upright fridges. Separate large trash bin. Access through the galley floor to stowage and the fridge compressors. Ample storage for food and galley equipment. Stainless steel doors to cupboard outboard of cooker for safety and to prevent heat penetration. Custom made stainless steel dish rack for drying crockery. Door to machinery space and door to aft cabin.
Machinery space houses generator, fuel polishing system, fuel filters, watermaker, 220v ac consumer unit, mastervolt master switch and mastervolt 24v - 12v chargers.
Aft cabin with large super King size central bed (2m x 1.6m), plentiful stowage, double hanging locker to port, hanging locker to starboard houses dryer, Vanity unit to starboard with seat and desk. Air conditioning. Access to under floor stowage and sea cocks. Alpine stereo radio/CD which is connected to main system in saloon or can be used independently. Sub and two speakers. Built in secure safe in aft cabin
Door to En-suite with separate shower, Tecma toilet and washbasin. Corian surfaces and floor. Washing machine (SOBA Nova) replaced in 2017. Ample storage.
- Interior finish in mahogany
- Non structural woodwork built with lightweight core
- Floorboards from traditional teak and holly with hinged access panels
- Blue leather upholstery in saloon
- Curtains to all hull portlights
- LED and Halogen lighting throughout
- Corian work surfaces in galley with custom made incorporated grab rail
- Corian on toilet floors and surfaces
- Pilot house with good all round visibility
- Forced air ventilation system throughout the boat
- Electric 24v fans throughout the boat
- Engine access through saloon floor with heavily insulated door opening on gas struts
- Fire extinguishers throughout
- Solenoid gas shut off located in galley
- Force 10 three burner stove (US Spec) with grill and oven
- 130lt upright fridge with keel cooled 24v compressor
- 90lt upright fridge with keel cooled 24v compressor
- 70lt top loading freezer with keel cooled 24v compressor
- Icemaker Isotherm
- Extractor fan above cooker
- Pressurised hot and cold water.
- Manual footpump for freshwater in galley
- Gas alarm with one sensor in galley and auto shut off for solenoid in galley
- Hot water from main engine or immersion heater to the 60lt calorifier
- Tecma fresh water toilets flushing into stainless steel holding tanks
- Eberspacher Hydronic 10 water heating system and two fan coils
- Washing machine mounted in aft head. Soba Euronova 220v
- Dryer mounted in hanging locker on starboard side of the aft cabin
- Electric towels rail in each toilet
- Shower trays modified so that they drain on both tacks when sailing and not only when level.
Rig and Sails
The boat is equipped with a Formula spars carbon swept back spreader In-mast furling rig and carbon boom. She has Rod Rigging. She is equipped with three furling headsails. A 135% Genoa primarily for reaching and off wind sailing, a 110% non overlapping Jib which is ideal for saiing to windward and a Staysail for heavey weather. Using a combination of these sails it makes it possible to change gear easily when sailing short-handed as the conditions change all for the safety of the cockpit. She aslo has an Asymetric spinnaker with a Snuffer.
- Formula Spars Carbon three spreader In-mast furling rig, keel stepped and finished in White Awlgrip paint. Retouched in 2017.
- Formula Spars Carbon boom with ourhaul led aft to an electric winch
- Carbon Spinnaker pole
- Reckman hydraulic Genoa furling
- Reckman hydraulic Jib furling
- Reckman Staysail furling
- Navtec Hydraulic Vang
- Hasselfors Tensionners on mast for Main, Genoa, Jib and Staysail halyards
- Track on mast for Trysail.
- Navtec Hydraulic panel in cockpiit controlling the Vang, Backstay, Outer forestay and staysails
- Navtec Stainless steel rigging screw covers
- BSI Rod Rigging
- All running rigging replaced as required over the years and all in good servicable condition
- Lopolights LED Steaming light, Tri colour light and anchor light.
- 2 Boom lights over cockpit, with dimmer
- All sails from Doyle NY loft in Hydranet with radial cut (2009) Fully service by Doyle in NY 2016 with the UV strips on the headsails replaced.
- Mainsail offshore crusing spec tri radial cut with vertical battens and clew block
- Genoa for reaching and downwind 135%
- Jib 110%
- Asymetric with Snuffer
- Anchor sail.
- Teak laid deck using 12mm teak and teak capping rail (all new in 2016)
- Large anchor locker forward
- Watertight bulkhead just aft sail locker
- Large lazarette locker with access from two aft deck hatches
- Separate gas locker aft.
- Guilloene electric washboard
- Rondal flush hatches on deck
- Pilot house skylights from Lewmar's Medium profile range
- Genoa tracks mounted on cap rail
- Jib tracks mounted inboard
- Andersen 68 EST two speed electric primary winches
- Andersen 52 EST two speed electric mainsheet winch
- Andersen 52 EST two speed electric winch for outhaul
- Andersen 58 CST two speed runner winches
- Andersen 52 EST electric halyard winch by mast to starboard and Andersen 52 CST halyard winch to port
- All Deck gear from the Harken range
- 8 stainless steel mooring cleats
- Stainless steel anti chafe strips on the capping rail adjacent to the cleats
- Stainless steel chafe strip around the complete boat on side of capping rail
- Pulpit and pushpit in stainless steel
- Removable teak seat for pulpit
- Storm boards for Pilot House windows that can be fitted in an emergency
- Gates in the guard-rails
- Full width Sprayhood new 2016
- Bimini covering cockpit
- Lewmar Royale steering pedestal
- Lewmar Mamba rod steering system
- Lewmar V5 electric anchor windlass (2016)
- 55Kg Rocna stainless steel anchor and 120m 10mm stainless steel chain.
- 100m Nylon rode to extend anchor chain.
- Fortress anchor (Large) spare storm anchor stowed in aft lazarette
- Fortress anchor Kedge anchor ready to be used with chain and warp stowed in anchor locker forward
- Sampson post in stainless steel on foredeck adjacent to anchor winch
- Pressure deck wash pump, with switch for sea- or freshwater with additional outlet in anchor locker
- Scanstrut radar post painted white
- Deck light aft on pole
- Whittall 225 Stainless steel davits
- Outboard bracket on pushpit port aft for main 25hp outboard
- Outboard bracket on guard rail port aft for back up 2.5hp outboard
- Multiplex Carbon fibre passerelle. Stowed in the forward workshop 3.5m with fittings forward and aft
- Fixed cockpit table with refrigerator inside
- Raised helm seat with stowage inside
- Cockpit cushions
- Covers for pedastal
- Removable Outboard motor hoist fitted aft
- Side boarding ladder stainless steel with tall grab handles. Very solid for difficult boarding conditions and to assist challenged passangers
- Full over boom sun awning to cover the complete boat in two sections. Can be used independently
- Full forward deck awning
- Custom made teak chopping board on the aft deck for use when filleting fish
- Yanmar 4LHA-HTP 160hp turbo charged diesel engine
- Whisper Piccolo 12 Generator (NEW MAY 2019)
- Aquadrive Flexible coupling connected to 45mm stainless steel shaft
- Three-bladed feathering Maxprop (reconditioned by MaxProp 2015)
- Spare fixed prop mounted in aft lazarette
- Ambassador ropecutter fitted to prop shaft
- Water separator for engine exhaust
- Sea water manifold / strainer system for all sea water inlets
- Three electric bilge pumps, workshop forward, main bilge and lazarette
- Additional low volume electric pump fitted to main bilge
- Manual bilge pump controlled from cockpit
- Jabsco engine driven bilge pump with suction from main bilge
- Add audible alarm to bilge alarms
- 12v Engine start battery 165 Ah
- Automatic engine room fan
- Forced air ventilation system Air IN and Air OUT. Great for tropical weather.
- 2 x Racor fuel filter / water separators
- Fuel polishing system
- Fuel tank selector change over valve
- Reverso oil drain / fill pump for engine and generator
- Stainless steel fuel, water and holding tanks
- Fuel tanks - 3 tanks total 2000lt
- Water - 2 tanks total 1000lt
- Holding tank - 170lt
- Carbon filter on holding tank vent
- Electric fuel transfer pump
- Manual fuel transfer pump
- Racor filters with water sensors. Spin-oof series to be used as they do not require bleeding
- Possible to transfer fuel with Fuel polishing system
- Automatic fire extinguishers in the engine room and machinery space
- Electric 10hp Retracting Bowthruster
- Lewmar single motor hydraulic powerpack for furling systems.
- Seafresh SH208 AC watermaker (143 lt./hr) Membranes replaced 2014
- Eberspacher Hydronic water heater
- Aircondition to all cabins, 48,000 btu (Cruise Air system)
- UV filter and carbon filters on fresh water supply
Northern Winds has a primary 24v dc system for onboard systems with a 12v dc service circuit for some "12v only" equipment. The engine and generator run off a separate 12v dc battery. There is also an emergency switch that connects the 12v service battery in line with the start battery if required.
The service batteries are charged from twin 24v 100A Mastervolt chargers powered from the shore or the generator. The 12v dc batteries are charged via Mastervolt 24v to 12v chargers.
There is also a 24v / 2500w inverter to provide 220v ac and a smaller backup inverter to provide 220v ac to the entire boat if required (Note Ice Maker cannot be run off the smaller inverter)
Finally there is a 117v 2500w inverter providing 110v 60Hz ac to outlets in the galley, nav area and workshop.
The AC system is 220v 50Hz/60Hz. The chargers will run off 50 or 60Hz as will the Air conditioning compressors.
The Mastervolt system and batteries were all replaced in 2015 during a refit. The complete electrical system can be monitored and controlled on a PC via the Masteradjust software or via the Masterview monitor at the chart table.
- DC service system 24v and 12v
- Batteries 8 x 220 Ah sealed Victron gel giving 900 Ah at 24v (Batteries replaced 2020)
- Service battery 12v 225Ah sealed Victron Gel (2015)
- Start battery 12v 165Ah AGM (2015)
- Charging from a 24v 110A alternator off the main engine with Mastervolt regulator (2015)
- DC switch panel with circuit breakers located near the nav station
- Mastervolt shunts on the Service, Start and 12v Service batteries (2015)
- 12v Service and Start batteries charge via 24v to 12v chargers. 3 off (Mastervolt 2015)
- Earth plate on hull
- Mastervolt Masterview at nav area (2015)
- Voltage controlled solenoid (Mastervolt) to swithch off main power usages if the service battery voltage drops. eg. If ashore and boat is at anchor
- AC system 230volt / 32 amp / 50hz or 60Hz
- AC outlets in each cabin and immersion heater for hot water
- 2 x 230v 100 Amp AC battery charger (Mastervolt 2015)
- 220v Inverter 24/2500 (Mastervolt 2015)
- 220v Inverter backup (SIZE) for PC and nav (Mastervolt)
- Mastervolt Masterswitch. Automatic AC power switch. (2015)
- Isolating transformer for shore power
- Shore power lead 25m
- Shore power inlets both forward and aft with changeover switch in machinery space
- 117v 60hz 2500w Inverter powering AC outlets in galley, nav area and forward workshop
- System can be programmed to switch generator on automatically either at a specific time each day or at a specific voltage of the service battery.
Navigation and Electronics
Raymarine Instruments and electronic package completely replaced in 2017. Basic system comprises of Raymarine instruments and Auropliots, Computer based navigation system (Nobletec which is not included in the sale), two PC screen one below and one at helm.
- Raymarine i70 instruments
- 4 x Raymarine i70 mounted over the main companionway hatch
- 1 x Raymarine i70 at the helm
- 1 x Raymarine i70 at nav station
- 1 x Raymarine i70 in aft cabin
- Raymarine Ray 260 dual station VHF with speakers below and on deck
- Raymarine ST280 MOB button at helm
- 2 x Raymarine Evo Autopilot with ACU 400 course computers (One as a back up) with two EV1 heading sensors - easy to toggele between with switch at nav station
- 2 x Whitlock Mamba drives for autopilot one in machinery space and one in aft Lazarette switchable via switch at nav station
- 2 x Raymarine P70r pilot controls, one at nav area and one at helm
- Raymarine 130 GPS receiver mounted on pole aft
- Raymarine AIS650 transceiver
- Raymarine VHF antenna splitter for AIS and VHF
- Raymarine ES9 plotter at Nav station
- Fusion MS-AV750 DVD/Tuner/CD player with Bluetooth and USB input
- Fusion Docking station with USB input for ipod etc.
- Fusion pedestal mounted NRX 300 remote control for Fusion audio
- 5 x Linn speakers providing surround sound in Saloon from an Audison LRX6 amplifier and Alpine SUB base
- Samsung TV with HDMI input from Fusion DVD
- TV antenna at masthead
- RR antenna at masthead for VHF/AM/FM/TV
- Printer connected to computer hub
Safety and Miscellaneous
- 1 x 6 person liferaft. Wimslow. In hard case on deck
- 2 x Scuba tanks
- Deck snorkal kit 12v with two breathers. Plugs into lazarette
- Jackstays on deck
- Mooring warps
- Boat hook
- Ensign staff
- Kedge anchor, 5m chain & 40m warp
- Full set of crockery & cutlery
- Owners manual with full set of systems drawings and wiring diagrams
- Chola mark 3.40 Rib with solid bottom and bow locker. (tubes replaced 2019)
- 15hp Yamaha 2 stroke (Nov 2019)
- 2.5hp Yamaha. Little used as back up
- Abundant amount of spares for all parts of the yacht. All listed catalogued and stowed.
- Comprehensive tool kit
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.