The Morris Yachts M42 takes the excitement of our smaller M-Series boats and applies it to a real weekend cruiser. Designed in partnership with Sparkman & Stephens, the M42 can be built with our distinct standard or short trunk cabin deck configurations (distinguishable by eight versus six port lights). Both models retain the ease of handling features and classic beauty Morris is known for and, in fact, the M42 hit her mark so well that Tom Morris built one for himself and spent a year aboard cruising up and down the US Eastern Seaboard. The M42 combines substantial interior volume for luxurious accommodations below with a large cockpit providing generous seating for family and friends. Ideal for afternoon cruising, weekend getaways and beyond, the M42 is a yacht that will grace any harbor and provide pride of ownership for many years to come.
Spécifications, Équipements et informations supplémentaires:
Forme de la coque: Monocoque
Longeur hors tout: 42 Pied 3 Pouce
Maître bau: 11 Pied 3 Pouce
Longeur de ligne de flottaison: 30 Pied 0 Pouce
Tirant d'eau minimum: 5 Pied 0 Pouce
Tirant d'eau maximum: 6 Pied 11 Pouce
Lest: 6235 Livres
Tirant d'air: 59 Pied 8 Pouce
Poids à sec: 16279 Livres
Type de transmission: Sail-drive
Engine Option 1: 1x Yanmar 4JH 39 HP
Nombre de réservoirs d'eau: (50 Gallons)
Nombre de réservoirs de carburant: (40 Gallons)
- Infused composite hull with Vinylester resin and Balsa core.
- Composite longitudinal stringers and transverse keel floors.
- Fiberglass engine bed.
- Marine Plywood structural bulkheads.
- M42 deck is infused with Vinylester resin and Balsa core.
- High density core replaces the standard core in areas of deck hardware and through hull fittings.
- Quarter sawn teak decking on cockpit sole.
- (2) 12 VDC Mastervolt AGM house batteries (450 Ah @ 12 VDC).
- Optima 1000M amp engine start battery with 800 cold cranking amps.
- Mastervolt 90 Amp/12 VDC alternator with multi-stage regulator for battery charging.
- BEP 12 VDC / 110 VAC distribution panel.
- 12 VDC outlets.
- Mastervolt 50 amp smart charger.
- 110V shore power system with (2) outlets, SS power inlet, and 50ft x 30 amp cord.
Electronics, Communication and Navigation
- Raymarine Ray55 waterproof VHF Radio w/ additional RayMic cockpit-mounted remote microphone.
- Raymarine i70 displays for speed, depth and wind mounted on the aft face of the seahood.
- Raymarine c95 GPS color LCD chart plotter display w/internal antenna mounted at the pedestal.
- AM/FM stereo with internal iPod dock and 6” speakers in the main cabin.
- Ritchie 5” pedestal mount compass with polished SS cover.
- Aquasignal LED bicolor bow light.
- Perko transom stern light.
- Aquasignal tri-color masthead light.
- Aquasignal combination steaming light and deck flood light.
- 50-gallon fresh water capacity.
- SS deck fill.
- ShurFlo pressure water system pump.
- Quick 6.5 gallon SS water heater plumbed to engine heat exchanger and 110VAC.
- Whale water system filter.
- Cruz-Pro multi-tank gauge system.
- Varnished Cherry counter top with polished SS sink and single lever faucet.
- Scandvik mixer valve with wall mount shower head.
- Molded fiberglass floor pan with integral shower sump and electric drain pump.
- Shower enclosure.
- Corian toothbrush and cup holder.
- High grade glass mirror with frame on forward bulkhead.
- Trash bin under sink.
- Isotherm 1.87 CUFT top loading 12VDC refrigerator with stainless steel liner and removable shelves.
- Force 10 two burner propane stove with thermostat controlled oven on a gimbal mount.
- Corian counter top.
- Mirror-polished stainless steel sink with chrome single lever mixer faucet.
- Garbage bin.
- Drawers and doors as required.
Windows, Ports and Hatches
- Deckhouse portlights are toughened safety glass, frameless installation.
- Deck hatches are low-profile Stainless steel. (1) Foredeck and (4) on the cabin top.
- Ocean-Air Skyscreens are fitted to each overhead hatch.
- Foredeck hatch, anchor locker hatch and cockpit hatches are flush fiberglass.
- Saloon style removable companionway doors with storage bag in cockpit locker.
- Sailing hardware is Harken or equal.
- (2) Harken 50 STEC electric self-tailing primary winches.
- (2) Harken 46 STC manual secondary winches.
- (2) Harken 10” aluminum Powergrip lock-in winch handles.
- Lewmar rope clutches.
- Varnished teak toe rail and coaming cap.
- Custom cast SS bow, midship and stern chocks that integrate beautifully with the teak toe rail.
- Varnished teak flagstaff and 60” US flag with SS socket welded to the backstay chainplate.
- Varnished teak steering wheel.
- Removable teak foot block for helmsman on centerline aft of the pedestal.
- Varnished teak cockpit table with leaves and storage cover.
- Teak clad foot rest below cockpit table.
- Stainless steel deck plates and latches.
- Two SS cup holders in cockpit winch pods with drains.
- Cockpit drainage meets the minimum requirements of ORC Category 2 and CE Category B.
Anchoring and Mooring
- Delta 35 lb anchor w/150’ of 5/8” diameter Yale Brait with fifteen feet of 5/16”HT chain.
- Anchor deployment system w/manually rotating arm and integral anchor roller in foredeck locker.
- Lewmar V2 SS windlass with rope/chain gypsy.
- Salt water wash down system with SS spigot located in the anchor locker.
- Schaefer Herreshoff style stainless steel cleats. (1) 12” at bow and (2) 10” at stern.
- Schaefer 8.5” SS removable cleats midship w/canvas storage bag.
- (6) Morris custom cast stainless steel toe rail chocks.
- Bow line 30’ nylon, 5/8” diameter.
- Spring lines 45’ nylon, 5/8” diameter.
- Stern line 30’ nylon, 5/8” diameter.
- 10” x 26” vinyl ribbed fenders with 10ft of rope and polar fleece covers.
- SS line storage bar in the forepeak locker.
- Aluminum boat hook.
Paint, Coatings and Fairing
- Toe rail: varnished teak.
- Deck: gelcoat Oyster white with molded tan non-skid.
- Hull topsides: Awlgrip choice of standard colors.
- Boot top stripe: Single stripe in choice of standard Awlgrip colors.
- Hull stripe: Narrow stripe of hull topside color is visible between the boot top and bottom paint.
- Bottom paint: Interlux Micron Extra.
- Cove stripe: Gold leaf.
- Name & Hail: Gold leaf.
- Bilge: White gelcoat.
Spars and Rigging General
- Carbon fiber mast and aluminum boom by Hall Spars.
- Fractional rig with swept back spreaders.
- Antal size 40 mainsail luff track.
- Self-tacking jib on athwartships curved track.
- Harken MKIV Unit 1 manual headsail furling unit.
- Standing rigging is Navtec stainless steel rod.
- Navtec SS turnbuckle covers.
- Integral hydraulic backstay adjuster
- Hall Quik vang with Harken block and tackle.
- Running rigging is low-stretch New England Rope.
- Main halyard 11mm Endura braid
- Jib halyard 10mm Endura braid with tag line and six part halyard tensioner.
- Masthead flag halyard and one spreader halyard.
- Main sheet 8mm Staset
- Reef line 10mm Endura braid
- Jib sheet 10mm Endura braid
- Jib furling line 8mm Staset
- Full Batten Marathon 300 mainsail w/single reef, lazy jacks and North Sails Sunbrella “Quick Cover” sail cover.
- Marathon 300 furling jib with UV protective cover on leach.
- Every owner will receive private instruction from a Morris coach. Each customized program will be designed to match the needs, skills and requests of each individual owner. This exclusive service is included in the price of your Morris. If training takes place at another location, the owner is simply responsible for the coach’s meals and accommodations.
Additional Standard Equipment
- Ultrasuede interior cushions with owner’s choice of color.
- Sunbrella cockpit seat cushions in owner’s choice of color.
- Tool kit.
- (4) Adult Type II life jackets with storage bag.
- Flare kit.
- Air Horn.
- USCG Rules of the Road.
- Engine spare parts kit.
- Spare bulbs and fuses.