MANTRA is an extremely high specification example of the J&J designed Shipman 63 carbon raised saloon blue water cruiser. Launched in 2011, professionally maintained and only very lightly used, her specification highlights are many and include:-
- Full carbon/epoxy construction
- Twin rudders with JP3 bearings
- Versatile custom 3-cabins, 2-heads plus crew & crew heads interior in Oak
- Upgraded 110hp Yanmar engine with shaft-drive (standard is 75hp with saildrive)
- Maxpower retractable bowthruster
- Mastervolt domestic electrics package with 12kw generator
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Electric galley
- Washing machine, dishwasher and ice maker
- Bose sound system
- Tender garage with custom carbon RIB tender
- Upgraded Hall spars rig with V-boom and PBO rigging
- Retractable carbon bowsprit for flying code sails
- Harken carbon hydraulic winches
- Z-Sails high tech laminate sails
- B&G H3000 instruments with B&G pilot and Raymarine radar/plotters
- Thrane & Thrane Sat-C
- Wi-Fi router
Realistically priced, available exclusive of VAT, and ready to go, MANTRA is a fantastic option for those looking to cross oceans very quickly and for those seeking an immediate departure.
A sailing yacht for visiting the world’s most attractive cruising grounds that is relaxing, comfortable and safe - yet does not sacrifice the feel and speed of a race machine. Fast and strong, easy to sail and handle, simple and good-looking, she is the racer’s ocean cruiser.
The Shipman 63 was developed using the world’s top experts in hydrodynamics, singlehanded sailing and hi-tech boatbuilding. The result is a cruiser that can sail 300 miles a day in comfort and safety.
- RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull, deck and all structural bulkheads in epoxy-carbon and epoxy-glass prepreg with foam cores cured at 85 degrees C
- Internal structure and gussets in solid epoxy-carbon and epoxy-glass prepreg cured at 85 degrees C and bonded to both hull and deck with special high-performance epoxy glues.
- Structural main bulkheads are built in epoxy laminate sandwich
- 2 forepeak bulkheads and the aft bulkhead are watertight. The space in front of the forward bulkhead below the anchor well is filled with closed-cell PU foam.
- Mast support in solid epoxy-carbon prepreg laminate bonded and attached to the main bulkhead, hull and deck
- Hull portlights, fixed, in front cabin area, glued and mechanically bonded, in polyacrylate
- Solimar recessed deck hatches.
- Coachroof side and front windows in toughened safety glass, glued (bonded) to carbon laminate of the deck
- 2 fixed windows on the horizontal part of the coachroof to allow visual control of the sails from inside in toughened safety glass, glued (bonded) to carbon laminate of the deck
- Recessed storage space for spray dodger with a canvas cover
- Sliding companionway hatch in composite sandwich with water drainage
- Teak on platform, cockpit floor and seating areas.
- Hull and deck are sanded, primed with epoxy primer and sprayed with Awlgrip PU paint for best UV protection and gloss retention.
- Hull and superstructure in Awlgrip white, with silver boot stripe.
- Antiskid finish on coachroof and decks.
Keel & Rudder:
- A hydro dynamically optimized low drag high lift lead bulb and cast iron fin keel is provided. A high-surface upper flange allows distribution of grounding forces to the structure of the boat.
- Standard fixed keel draft is 3.0m.
- 2 Spade rudders are a high ratio airfoil section in carbon / epoxy laminate over massive carbon stock, built in high pressure, high-temperature autoclave (Isotop)
- JP3 bearings
Engine & gearbox:
- Yanmar 4JH4 110hp diesel engine.
- ZF 45-1 gearbox.
- Double Racor filters
- Engine is mounted on resilient mounts with special hard rubber to prevent excessive vibration.
- Engine compartment sound- proof isolated
- Access to engine from all 3 sides
- A single lever engine control, removable, is mounted on the starboard side of the steering position.
- The exhaust tube is taken straight to the stern through a stainless steel exit with a shut-off valve
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours: Approximately Engine hours of 700 at October 2016
- Cruising speed – approx. 8 knots
- Maximum speed – approx. 10 knots
Propulsion & Steering:
- 2 Steering console pedestals with st.steel tube protection grabrail and carbon steering wheels.
- Bruntons 4 blade folding prop
- Maxpower R300 retractable hydraulic bowthruster (13,5 kW)
- 24vDC domestic system plus 12vDC services with 230v AC via generator, shore power or inverter
- Approx. 810Ah service 24vDC battery bank
- 12vDC engine start battery
- Mastervolt automatic battery charger
- Mastervolt 2.5kw Inverter
- Mastervolt Whisper 12kw generator
- Generator hours – approx 500 as of October 2016
- 12vDC alternator on engine for charging start battery
- Mastervolt 75a 24vDC alternator for charging service batteries
- Solar panels on bimini with regulator
- A galvanic isolator is installed for protecting the boat from galvanic corrosion issues.
- Lightning protection system is provided.
- AC and DC distribution switchboards are placed under the chart table area and controlled by a pushbutton panel
- 2 x shore power cables, one for A/C and one for services
- Shore power cablemaster Glendinning
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- 24vDC pressure system with 40 litres calorifier tank and 230vAC immersion heater powered by shore power or generator
- In-line water filter after fresh water pump
- Deck wash pump Sea water and fresh water supply
- Aft deck shower
- Sea Recovery Ultra Whisper 1000 155l/h watermaker
- A hand operated bilge pump (high capacity) at the helmsman’s position on Port, taking water from the main bilge
- There are five bilges in the yacht, each having a separate automatic bilge pump :
- Main bilge in the keel stud,
- Owner cabin,
- Steering compartment,
- Shower water bilges (2X),
- Sail locker.
- All through-hull fittings are with half-turn lever seacocks and in stainless steel.
- 2 x 450 l rigid fuel tanks are mounted under the saloon floor
- Gauge meter at the chart table
- Fuel intake on deck to Stb
- Fuel vent leading to the coach roof caps port and Stb.
- Rigid fresh water tanks (2 pieces) with a 500 l total capacity under the saloon floor
- Tanks can be disconnected by valves.
- All tanks have inspection covers and overboard vents to hull side.
- Electronic gauge meters with indicator above chart table.
- Black water holding tank servicing all heads
- Holding tank level gauges
- 24vDC electric macerator pump
- Pump out point on deck
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- B&G H3000 Base pack with mono GFD
- B&G speed sensor, B&G depth sensor & B&G vertical wind pack 810 mm with mounting
- 3x B&G 30/30 mast display
- B&G H3000 ACP2 Pilot Pack monochrome with Hydraulic RAM-T3- 24V and rudder reference unit
- B&G Halcyon gyro compass
- B&G remote vision pack
- 2x B&G GPD displays on each helm pedestal
- Raymarine Chartplotter Monitor E140W-EU display at chart table
- 2x Raymarine Chartplotter Monitor E90W-EU displays in cockpit
- Raymarine GPS antenna Raystar 125
- Raymarine Radar scanner Dome Digital 18” 4kW RD418D
- Active radar reflector Sea-me
- Raymarine AIS Black Box AIS500 Transreceiver
- Raymarine Fish finder black box DSM300 Sounder Module
- Raymarine Depth Transducer P319
- Raymarine VHF Black Box RAY240E Class D-DSC
- Raymarine VHF Cockpit Handset RAY240E second station set
- Banten VHF Antenna 20300-1 Chrome tip
- Lafayette VHF Selector switch CO-201
- Thrane & Thrane Sailor Mini SAT-C system black box
- Antenna Support Glomex
- Banten UMTS Antenna
- Wi-Fi router
- Electric Techimpex cooker
- Miele dishwasher
- Miele washing machine
- Isotherm Cruise 130 front opening fridge
- Custom Frigonautice freezer
- U-Line icemaker
- 2x Tecma 24V electric toilets
- Showers in all heads compartments.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Reverse-cycle air Conditioning Aft cabins, saloon and owner cabin (32 kBTU)
- LED lights throughout the boat
- Bose 131 cockpit speakers
- Samsung 40” LED 3D TV connected to Bose sound system
- Bose Lifestyle V35 stereo CD/radio
- Bose iPod docking station in saloon
Summary of Accommodation:
- Accommodates up to 8 guests and 2 crew in three double cabins, converting saloon table and forward crew cabin. Crew cabin is accessible from owner’s ensuite heads, so could also be used as secure children’s cabin
- Interior joinery in fineline white oak and varnished with satin-gloss PU varnish (4 layers).
- Soleboards in varnished teak
- Saloon sofas finished upholstered ‘’Catalan F1267/42’’
- Headlinings finished in ‘’Extrema 2 soft touch’’
- Owners cabin bulkheads in Alcantara light cream colour
- Saloon forward bulkhead in Alcantara light cream colour
- Saloon heads exterior walls in Alcantara light cream colour
- Working countertops in Kerrock
- All interior lights, doorknobs and handles in satin finish
- All doors have laminated or massive frames and locks for the open position.
- Larger locker doors are provided with louvers for ventilation.
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
Crew Cabin & Crew Heads:
- The front section of the yacht forms a sail locker and is separated from the rest of the yacht by a strong collision bulkhead
- Watertight door from the bow washroom, lockable from both sides
- An automatic bilge pump is installed in the bottom of the locker aft
- An electric dome light , watertight, is installed on the bulkhead from the washroom above in the midline
- Hooks and shelves for storage of sailing gear are provided
- A large opening hatch on the locker ceiling – positioned to increase the standing headroom
- 2 pipe cots, upper and lower, folding to the side of the boat, with closed-foam mattresses and water resistant vinyl covers
- Crew heads & shower
Owner’s Ensuite Heads:
- Separate enclosed shower with sliding polyacrylate door and a seat to Port
- Shower water is pumped out on the yacht’s side by an electric pump: the watertight switch is in the shower area.
- Electric marine head and a holding tank to Port behind the shower cabin
- Cabinets behind, above and fwd of the marine head
- Floor grid in non – skid covered GRP moulding for easy cleaning and hygienic maintenance.
- A washbasin with pressurised water (hot and cold) to Stb with a worktop in Corian or similar
- Lockers below the washbasin with seacocks.
- Cabinets behind, above and fwd of the wash basins
- A large opening hatch with a roller blind on the cabin ceiling – positioned to increase the standing headroom
- Central front area on the bulkhead with a watertight door to the sail locker / skippers cabin
- A full-size double berth to Port with a lee-cloth system. The berth is also accessible from the front (and laterally).
- Shelf and lockers above the berth.
- Mattress 15cm foam, fabric covered /removable/.
- A cabinet on the main bulkhead over the berth
- Stowage under the berth.
- Hanging locker fwd of the berth, mid-height, with a shelf on top
- Large hanging locker to Stb against the main bulkhead, shelf on top
- Working desk with book shelves on Stb
- 2 comfortable seats to front and aft of the table
- Lockers overhead to Stb
- 2 opening hatches with roller blinds on the cabin ceiling.
- 2 portlights with shades on the cabin sides
- Grabrail in the ceiling over the central line
- Comfortable sitting arrangement for 8 with panoramic vision at seating level
- 10-15 cm double density foam mattresses and backrests, high-quality removable fabric
- Grabrail integrated into the aft midline part of the settee accessible from the companionway
- Storage space under the settee
- Stereo speakers behind the aft and fwd part of the settee to Port
- Reading spotlights in the aft and fwd part of the settee to Port
- Shelves and bird-nest lockers behind backrest.
- Large table of a very strong construction, fitted on two adjustable legs allowing conversion to double/day bed.
- 1 bigger seat on the starboard side of the saloon table with a backrest and storage space underneath.
- Lockers with doors and separation shelves under the aft part of the settee.
- Shelves behind backrests of the dinette.
- Side windows to cabin roof.
- Courtesy lights under companionway stairs and along the floorline in the saloon, lit step down to front cabin.
- 2 opening hatches with blinds in the roof above the saloon
- From saloon there is a shelf to the pantry area used for serving food and other items to the dinette table
- The pantry is one step down from the central area going forward enabling more head space and easier manoeuvring around the pantry.
- Work space is made in Kerrock
- The double sink is recessed in the work space without a separation rim to provide easy maintenance and cleaning of the pantry surface. Located on the side of the front bulkhead.
- A pressure fresh water system (cold and hot water) with a tap is installed.
- Under the sole in the pantry, there is a moulded-in removable dust-pan, for easy cleaning of saloon floor.
- A sea water tap with a foot pump and a Y valve seacock is provided to allow either the seawater inlet, or a fresh water intake from the fresh water tank through the foot pump in case of pressure system or low voltage problem.
- Seacocks in stainless steel located under the sink for the pantry sink outlet.
- Numerous lockers are placed over the sink area.
- Electric stove with crash bar
- There is an electric exhaust fan over the stove leading to the aft cockpit area below the gangway.
- The floorboards in the pantry are covered with Teak (easy to clean and resistant to mechanical chemical and thermal agents).
- Under the stove, there is a locker.
- Stowage shelf behind the stove.
- Top-loading refrigerator (located to the aft of the pantry) has two compartments, both accessible from the top (deep freeze and normal refrigeration temperature) taking volume also from the front part on the chart table.
- Additional front-opening fridge is opening to the galley.
- There are numerous lockers and drawers above the refrigeration units opening to the galley.
- The bar area between the galley and the saloon permits easy passing of food and crockery to the saloon table.
- A large oilskin locker to Stb aft, drained to the bilge and well airated to saloon and the ceiling (to the ventilated space under the cabin roof top – with watertight cap)
- Navigator’s chair in artificial leather allowing good visibility forward
- Chart table with chart storage under. The table can be locked in lifted position.
- Chart reading light (a neon light) is recessed in the bottom of the navigation panel.
- A 230 V pickup for domestic appliances is built in the separation bulkhead between the navigation and pantry (pantry side).
- In front of the table, there is a suspended instrument holding element allowing good visibility of information (chart reader, radar, etc)
- The space under the navigator forms a large technical zone with pumps, valves, the compressor of the refrigeration units with aeration slots etc.
- In the front upper part of the chart table there is a large instrumentation panel with electrical distribution panel, and other instrumentation. Panel is easily removable for access to switches, mounting of additional instrumentation, etc.
- To midline of the chart table a shelf leading forward to the pantry area with a grab handle in the aft part (accessible from the companionway)
- A bar locker under the shelf
- Symmetrical aft cabins to port and starboard
- Access from the saloon, one step down to the aft cabin area
- Full size hanging locker to the boat side
- Full-size double berth (155 x 210 cm).
- Wrap- around shelf above the berth.
- Mattresses 10-15 cm foam, fabric covered (removable) with Stowage under.
- Hull side liners in foam-support fabric, Velcro fastened.
- Hanging locker with a shelf above.
- Dome light and 2 reading spot lights.
- Hinged access panel to the engine or generator (optional) compartment for servicing purposes.
- Opening hatch with a roller blind on the cabin ceiling.
- Opening portlight to the cockpit side with a shade
- Shelves for small items on the sides.
- Access to the technical area in the midline
Aft Cabin / Day Heads:
- Door from entry area in front of the companionway with lock
- Fixed window to coachroof side
- Electric marine heads
- Washbasin with pressurized water (hot and cold).
- Shower faucet
- Mirror and toilet compartment set.
- 2 lockers above the head and washbasin
- A locker below the washbasin with seacocks.
- Neon light.
- The toilet compartment is a GRP moulded piece including the floor basin with an outlet for the shower water and an electric pump.
- Floor grid in non – skid covered GRP moulding for easy cleaning and hygienic maintenance.
- An electric exhaust ventilator in the lateral aft part of the locker takes air out of the compartment to the aft platform area
- Black water tank (with overboard and deck discharge)
- Hall Spars 9/10 2 spreader Carbon mast, deck stepped
- Spreaders are swept back at 20 degrees
- Hydraulically mast steped with mast jack and pump
- Carbon V-boom
- Rigid vang hydraulically operated, Navtec
- Spectra halyards and sheets Racing Americas Cup style, Gottifredi & Mafioli
- Spare spinnaker halyard Gottifredi & Mafioli
- SCR/S package Mast in High Modulus, PBO rigging, headsail carbon foils
- Inner forestay 7T Kevlar
- Running backstays (check stays) 3T Kevlar for extreme upwind conditions
- Hydraulic sails trimming comfort package Hydraulic outhaul, jib halyard tensioner or cunningham
- Vang quick release system in cockpit at both helms
- Reckmann headsail furler including carbon foils
- Backstay Hydraulic Navtec
- Carbon retractable bowsprit with a Spectra bobstay operated from the front deck
- Jib and staysail tracks, with control line-operated and sheet lead under the deck roof cover
- Roller bearing genoa car tracks, 1 per side
- Main chainplates, in carbon composite and stainless steel
- Through-deck furling line block
- Under deck jib furling drum
- Deck gear: Harken, Spinlock stoppers, Lewmar hatches,
- 6 stoppers each side for lines coming aft
- Hydraulic self-tailing 3 speed winches Harken 990 with Carbon top
- Base rollers on cockpit winches on two aft winches
- Electric powered, aluminium black anodized, 2 speed self-tailing winches for mast lines
- Mainsail Z-Sails performance ultra light
- Genoa Z-Sails – furling performance ultra light
- Gennaker Z-Sails
- Code 0 Z-Sails – barely used
- Genoa North sails Marathon 3DL- furling
- Cockpit table with leg support, 2 folding flaps and grabrail above. Drink holders. Integrated electric refrigerator. Space for chart plotter and engine panel on the aft face of the table.
- 2 cockpit lockers aft of the 2 steering wheels for liferafts and giving access to the general stowage aft.
- Access to emergency steering on both sides.
- Stern cockpit seat in epoxy-carbon sandwich laminate
- Hydraulic OpacMare 2,6m rotating passerelle
- Fold-out stern platform (operated hydraulically) with stops in both positions
- Titanium swimming ladder
- Stowage for a RiB dinghy below the cockpit floor with provision for fast launch and retrieval
- Wireless remote transom control two remotes
- Folding cleats on transom door for moring the dinghy
- Recessed deck hatches Custom made recessed carbon hatches
- Central cockpit hatch Over dinghy garage area
- Lifting flaps in cockpit floor for comfortable upwind position on both sides
- 24vDC air compressor inflator/deflator installed in cockpit
- 2x bikes
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Maxwell 3.5kw electric anchor windlass recessed in anchor well, vertical drum, chain and rope gypsy
- Hydraulically operated swinging anchor arm in carbon on STB of the forestay.
- Anchor and 80m, 10mm chain Delta or CQR, 35 kg, with turning shackles, stainless steel high tensile chain
- Spare Fortress anchor, 40m rope, 20m chain
- Mooring lines and Inflatable fenders 6 lines, 10 Avon fenders
- Mooring windlass 1000 W popup winch
- Spring cleats in the middle 2 pieces Nomen type
- Mooring cleats in aluminium, folding, 300 mm, 2 in front, 2 aft, NOMEN type
Tender & Outboard:
- Custom carbon epoxy carbon 2.8m RIB dinghy
- Yamaha 4hp outboard engine
Covers, Cushions & Canvas
- Stackpack for mainsail with lazy jacks
- Bimini over helm
- Cockpit cushions in Sunbrella
- Wheel covers
- Winch covers
- Spreader up/down lights On all spreaders
- Lopolight LED navigation lights
- Boarding light on radar pole
- Ocean Safety racing 8-person liferaft
- Spinlock lifejackets x6
- Fire extinguishers
- Automatic fire extinguisher system in engine bay