Very Aggressive Price Reduction and Recently Surveyed! Why consider new when you have a thoroughly tested boat with the finest care provided.
ESMERALDE, a Sabre 386 was custom built in 2005 for owners looking for a performance cruising sailboat that was well built, and that could hold her own on the race course. She has numerous upgrades and custom improvements, and was built to conform to Newport-Bermuda Race Offshore Safety Regulations. She competed in the Bermuda Race three times, taking fourth in her class on her first try. ESMERALDE is one of only two Sabre 386’s equipped with a tall carbon fiber mast by Hall Spars, along with a deep draft keel and a saildrive for excellent sailing performance. She was the North Sails Poster Girl for Cruising 3DL Marathon sails for almost 10 years, featuring photos by Onne van der Wal. "ESMERALDE is Reserved"
Spécifications, Équipements et informations supplémentaires:
Nom du bateau
Quille: Quille standard
Longeur hors tout: 38 Pied 7 Pouce
Maître bau: 12 Pied 8 Pouce
Longeur de ligne de flottaison: 32 Pied 6 Pouce
Tirant d'eau maximum: 6 Pied 10 Pouce
Déplacement: 17775 Livres
Puissance totale: 40 HP
Marque moteur: Yanmar
Modèle moteur: 3JH4E
Type de moteur/essence: Diesel
Nombre d'heures: 1880
Type de transmission: Sail-drive
Puissance moteur: 40 HP
Nombre de réservoirs d'eau: 2 (50 Gallons)
Nombre de réservoirs de carburant: 1 (40 Gallons)
Nombre de réservoirs des eaux usées: 1 (26 Gallons)
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Sabre Design Team and Jim Taylor joined forces to design the 386 to create a new Sabre sailing yacht. As her design evolved, the desire for luxurious accommodations, blended with great performance characteristics, rose to the top of the list of priorities. Her performance is assured by the pedigree of her designers who's successes are already well known. And as to her luxurious accommodations, Sabre's reputation for building high quality sailing yachts since 1970 should assure any sailor of the quality and integrity of her build.
- Hall Spars tall (1.5') carbon fiber mast
- Mast & boom Awlgripped 2016
- All mast, boom, standing rigging and running rigging were serviced and inspected by Hall Spars in 2016
- Rod standing rigging
- Antal Mainsail slide system
- Optional NavTec backstay hydraulic adjuster
- Upgraded Harken mid-boom traveler control blocks for more mechanical purchase
- Hall spars rigid vang
- Upgraded Harken block package for entire rig
- New Harken furler installed in 2010
- Removable Kevlar running backstays
- Removable Kevlar inner forestay with lever/screw type adjuster at deck
- Lewmar winch package with optional spinnaker package secondaries
- Hall Carbon fiber spinnaker pole with Harken track and control system
- 2014 North Sails “Stack Pack” type main sail cover system.
- Spare main halyard
- Spare jib halyard
- Two spinnaker halyards
- Staysail Halyard
- Pole lift
- Flag halyards at mast head and starboard spreader
- Faircloth Winter Cover and frame
- Yanmar 3JH4E 40 hp serial number E01686
- Yanmar SD-50 sail drive serial number 0520-08
- Sail drive lower unit disassembled and resealed in 2013
- Sail drive cone clutch replaced 2013
- Sail drive hull to drive membrane replaced 2013
- Gori 3-blade feathering propeller
- Balmar 100 amp alternator (new 2014) with Balmar MC-614 H regulator
- Diesel fuel capacity 40 gallons
- Fischer Panda 4200 Plus generator installed 2015
- Water separating generator exhaust system for very quiet exhaust
- 2015 Cruiseaire 16000 BTU TurboAir air conditioning with reverse cycle heat
- Spectra Watermaker Catalina 380 new membrane 2010
- Isotherm 6.5 gal water heater new 2015
- Espar diesel heater system
- Electric bilge pump
- Two manual bilge pumps (one operable from the cockpit, one from below)
- 2013 Raymarine e-Series Hybrid Touch plotters 9" at helm 12" at nav station.
- 2013 Raymarine Evolution autopilot with oversized ram and p70 control head
- ST-60 wind, depth, speed instruments with ST-60 multi repeater and ST-70 repeater at nav station.
- 2013 Raymarine AIS-650 transponder.
- 2013 Raymarine HD Color digital radar 4KW
- Icom IC M-802 marine sideband with copper ground plane installed when hull was originally laid up
- Icom IC M-602 vhf radio with Command Mic (2015) at helm.
- Raymarine Sirius weather
- Raymarine Lifetag system
- Xantrex 2000 watt inverter charger with remote control panel
- 2 Xantrex battery monitor systems, one for starting battery & one for main battery bank
- 2 group 4D Lifeline AGM batteries 2010
- 1 group 29 Lifeline starting battery 2010
- Superwind 350 wind generator 2014
- McIntosh stereo system with head unit and amplifier. B&W speakers in main cabin JL audio speakers in cockpit.
All sails are by North, including Cruising 3DL Marathon main and roller-furling 140% genoa, a brand-new, never-used racing Code 0 on a roller-furler, an extraordinarily efficient and stable cruising asymmetric spinnaker in a snuffer, a dual-purpose racing 3DR staysail, a cruising staysail, a storm trysail and storm jib. She has a removable inner forestay and removable running backstays.
- Main North Cruising 3DL Marathon fully battened 2013
- Genoa North Cruising 3DL Marathon 140%
- Asymmetrical 2A North in snuffer
- Cruising Code 0 North in a snuffer - never used
- Racing Code 0 North on roller furler – never used
- Racing 3DR Jib Staysail
- Cruising Staysail Dacron
- Storm Jib Dacron
- Storm Trysail Dacron
Cockpit and Deck
- New dodger and Bimini 2016 with Polycarbonate windows w/ UV resistant coating
- All exterior teak was stripped to bare wood and coated with ten coats of Epifanes varnish in 2016
- Reinforced laminates at companionway turtle for liferaft mount
- Manson Supreme 35 lb anchor with 300 ft(?) 5/16 HT chain and 200 ft(?) 8 plaid rode
- Lewmar windlass
- Fresh water anchor wash system
- Salt water anchor wash system
- Lewmar folding wheel at helm w/ leather cover
- Teak cockpit sole
- Custom Sunbrella cockpit cushions
- Sunbrella cockpit throw pillows
- Cockpit Shower H&C
- Transom Swim Ladder
- Edson Outboard Motor Bracket
- Magma Gourmet Series Newport Infrared BBQ w/ carry case & spare regulator and shelf accessory
As you come down the companionway there is a large L-shaped galley to port with Force 10 (3) burner propane stove and oven, double SS sink, top & front loading refrigerator with Seafrost refrigeration, microwave, Corian counter tops with custom higher than standard fiddles with excellent galley storage. The large head is located aft to starboard and features a custom tile floor with a fresh water electric head with tank watch, separate shower stall with custom tile floor, SS sink and additional storage. There is a large double berth aft with hanging locker and shelves outboard. Forward of the galley is a L-shaped dinette with folding bulkhead mounted table. There are 2 cabinets and shelves behind. The aft facing chart table is forward of the head. There is a large center Island Queen forward with a sink, hanging locker and shelves outboard
- New UltraLeather interior 2014
- Pleated Shade Set for all portlights, 2012
- Seafrost BD Series Air-Cooled refrigeration w/ electronic thermostat and optional freezer bin
- Force 10 propane range with oven, broiler & 3-burner cook-top
- Upgraded faucets in galley, head and forward cabin
- Upgraded master cabin and guest cabin have TempurPedic-style mattresses
- Cabin fans (3)
- Panel anchors on bilge covers in flooring
In thirty years of sailing I have never seen a boat that has been as well thought-out and cared for in every system and detail.
She has been meticulously attended to and it shows in every way.
Anyone that has ever dreamed of owning a new performance cruiser (as they don't build them like this anymore) should consider this vessel.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.