MOON AND STARS
This is a rare Catana 472 Owner's version. She has the larger aft suites, carbon rig, self tacking jib, cherry wood veneers, extended galley, and carbon sprit unique to the 472. This is a sailor's cat with a very comfortable interior - making t a prime choice for a cruising couple or family.
Interior finishes are superb with varnished cherry-wood veneers throughout, Corian countertops in the galley and bathrooms and alcantara liners. The large galley is to port with an extended forward in an L-shape. The galley interfaces extremely well with the cockpit with the intervening window sliding completely away for true inside-out living. The salon settee is to starboard with the navigation station rotated aft starboard to take advantage of the display area created by the expanded owner's cabin down in the hull. The nav station houses an extensive array of B&G navigation electronics, autopilot, Raymarine RADAR and plotter, FLIR, VHF, and SSB. The entire starboard hull is devoted to the owner's comforts. The 472 has an angled bulkhead in each aft cabin making them considerably larger than the cabins in the 471s. This makes for very spacious, comfortable and private accommodation.
On deck, the 472 is all about performance sailing: carbon rig, the characteristic 472 carbon compression beam/bowsprit, daggerboards, a self-tacking solent track, 3 electric winches to run the sails efficiently. The sail wardrobe includes a main, solent and gennaker on furlers, and asymmetric and symmetric spinnakers. Her decks are very wide and uncluttered offering safe and comfortable passage between cockpit and trampoline. She has a broad and open cockpit well protected by a solid bimini where all sail raising, reefing, and trimming activities occur in the safety. Her dual helms offer unparalleled visibility when sailing or docking.
This beautiful 472 is located in Washington State just minutes from SeaTac airport. She is in some of the world's most beautiful cruising grounds and upwind and upstream of Pacific cruising routes.
Builder: Catana SA
Designer: Christophe Barreau
Interior Style: Caligo
Hull length: 47’
LWL: 45’ 4”
Beam: 25’ 4”
Draft: 3’ 9” / 7’ 11”
Weight, dry: 22,074 lbs.
Engine(s) Total Power: 100 HP
Engine Model: MD22L-B
Engine Type: Inboard
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Hours: 2894 Port, 2677 Starboard
Fuel: 212 gallons, diesel
Water: 185 gallons
Holding: 40 gallons
Beautiful foam-cored high-gloss varnished cherry interior with laminated cherry trim, Alcantara and premium leather upholstery and a no-maintenance laminate sole.
L-shaped galley forward to port with Force 10 four burner cooktop and oven unit, and large top-loading 200L fridge/freezer. Extended port aft gallery area includes another front-loading 100L fridge/freezer and built-in microwave. Excellent dry storage with lockers below and outboard of countertop, along with a Corian countertop bar built into the cockpit bulkhead and Sharp LCD TV mounted on a swing arm to adjust for viewing. Salon is adjacent to the galley with an aft-facing C-shaped cushion, an oval high/low dining table with folding leaves and a smaller settee facing forward. Built-in chart drawer is located under the dining table. All cushions upholstered in premium leather.
Nav station is aft to starboard and faces outboard with easy access to the cockpit. The nav station has a large desk, electronics console, seat and electrical distribution panel above. The salon opens onto the expansive cockpit via sliding glass door and window creating one open space. Sliding door and window have honeycomb interior roll up/down shades for sun protection. Huge salon windows wrap around the bridge deck offering superb visibility and a bright, airy interior. All salon windows have exterior snap-on mosquito net sunshades.
Cockpit has an L-shaped seating area to port with a built-in chaise lounge and large custom teak high/low table. To starboard is bench seating. A Magma Avalon grill plumbed to the main propane tank is located on the aft guardrails. There are port/starboard steering stations aft and outboard with easy access to both transoms. The teak-covered cockpit has two large cockpit lockers and one large cockpit seat locker. At the base of the mast are four lockers (2 fuel tank and 2 anchor/chain).
Forepeak has sail storage with access via a deck hatch. The starboard bathroom has three separate zones: the shower, the washbasin and the head. The molded shower stall is very spacious and has a hydrotherapy shower unit, teak grating, shower drain pump, and a separation door. There is a large "sea-view" portlight outboard with built-in mosquito screen/sun shade.
Aft of the shower compartment is a molded vanity with Corian countertop. Hot/cold pressure water, built-in washing machine and medicine cabinet. There is an escape hatch inboard with mosquito screen/sun shade. Aft is a separate water closet with a Dometic VacuFlush fresh water toilet with holding tank, macerator pump and Y-valve for overboard discharge. The water closet has a portlight for ventilation.
Amidships passageway has four bookshelves and a locker starboard. Inboard are three wardrobe lockers and companionway steps. There is a portlight for ventilation.
Aft stateroom has a slated king berth (6'6"x6'6") with a large storage area below, a bookshelf with two lockers and entertainment center inboard. Outboard and forward, at the foot end of the bed, is a Sharp LCD TV. Under berth is a large drawer. Outboard and forward of the bed is a settee with a vanity table aft and a desk forward. Inboard are two wardrobe lockers. There is a large "sea-view" portlight outboard with built-in mosquito screen/sun shade and portlight inboard for cross ventilation.
Forepeak has sail storage with access via a deck hatch. Forward stateroom has a slated double berth (6'6"x4'6") with large storage area below. Outboard, aft of berth, is a desk with swivel seat and wardrobe locker. Inboard, aft of berth, are a wardrobe and a hanging locker. There is large "sea-view" portlight outboard with built-in mosquito screen/sun shade and an escape hatch inboard with mosquito screen/sun shade.
The amidships passageway has a head compartment for guests and bookshelves outboard. Inboard are two very large wardrobe/pantry lockers and companionway steps to the bridge deck. There is a portlight for ventilation. Head compartment has a Dometic VacuFlush fresh-water toilet with holding tank, macerator pump and Y-valve for overboard discharge. There is a molded vanity with countertop, hot/cold pressure water and hand-held shower with teak grate and sump pump. There are two portlights for ventilation.
Aft stateroom has a king berth (6'6"x6'6") which easily converts to two single berths with a large storage area below and bookshelf inboard. Outboard at the foot of the berth is a dressing seat with two wardrobe lockers above. Inboard forward hanging locker. Electric clothes dryer is installed under the outboard berth with extra storage space adjoining the dryer. There is a large "sea-view" portlight outboard with built-in mosquito screen/sun shade and a smaller portlight inboard for cross ventilation.
· Galley Up layout
· Corian countertops
· (2) sinks with hot/cold pressure water
· Manual fresh water pump/water maker tap
· Water purifying drinking water filter and tap
· Force 10 S/S stove with four burners, oven/broiler
· Remote solenoid with lighted safety shutoff switch connected to a 30-lb propane tank in vented locker, spare propane tank also provided
· Severin microwave oven
· 100L (3.5 cu ft.) front-opening freezer/refrigerator
· 200L (7.0 cu. ft.) top-opening freezer/refrigerator
· Furuno GPS GP31
· Raymarine radar
· Full B&G instrument package (H2000 controller, 3 20/20 display units, 2 auto pilot units)
· C.A.R.D. system
· (2) Raymarine E120 chart plotters with SeaTalk network and standalone GPS unit
· (2) Sharp flat screen TVs
· ICOM 412 VHF
· ICOM M710 SSB
· Yaesu 1802 VHF
· AC 220V: Majority of appliances and interior outlets
· AC 110V: Interior shore power outlet and main battery charger
· DC: 12V
· Victron Quattro 12/5000/220 inverter/charger and Blue Power Panel control panel (installed June 2014)
· Mastervolt 110V charger
· Lombardini 8KVA Generator
· Air-X wind turbine
· Firefly Carbon Foam AGM house bank w/ 650 usable AH (installed April 2015)
· LED lighting throughout
· (8) 75W Siemens solar panels mounted on bimini top
· Square-hole mesh trampoline, stitched with Teflon thread.
· Composite hardtop bimini with spray shield and shade curtains
· Closed cell Sunbrella cockpit seat and backrest cushions
· Deck toe rails and handholds in solid Mahogany
· (2) forward Swedish pulpits with teak jump seats
· Stainless steel aft guardrail with gate stanchions at transoms
· Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines
· (8) large deck cleats
· (4) gates, one on each hull, (2) on the transom
· Transom shower with hot and cold pressurized water
· 11’ aluminum folding passarelle
· Tri-color masthead light
· Deck-level running lights
· Combination steaming and deck flood lights
· (8) dock lines and (8) fenders
· Salt water deck wash-down
· Lewmar Ocean 3 anchor windlass
· Windlass control unit at helm station
· Anchor chain: 155’ 3/8” high-test
· Anchor rode: 315’ 5/8 nylon rode
· Anchor bridle: 45’ 5/8” Brait
· 25 kg Delta anchor
· Double anchor rollers
· 10’ AB Inflatables dinghy
· 15-hp 4-stroke Mercury outboard
· Aluminum davits
· 2 small cleats dedicated for dinghy use
The outer hulls molds and one inner hull-bridge deck mold are vacuum-bagged using vinyl ester resin cored with PVC closed-cell foam with unidirectional cloth for outer laminate and Twaron aramid cloth for inner laminate. The separately molded dagger board trunks are laminated to be seven times stronger than the dagger boards. The spade rudders have self-adjusting JP3 bushings with Lecombe & Schmidt dual hydraulic steering coupled to wood-trimmed carbon fiber wheels.
The deck/coach roof is a one-piece mold, vacuum-bagged with unidirectional cloth for outer laminate and Twaron aramid cloth for portions of the inner laminate and molded diamond pattern non-skid decks. The deck-to-hull joint is bonded fiberglass creating a seamless waterproof and rigid structure.
"Magic Legs" and skegs system for easy beaching and hull cleaning. The bottom paint is Seahawk 33 (May 2014)
· 7/8 sloop rig
· M40J Espace composite white carbon fiber mast
· Espace composite white carbon fiber boom and bowsprit
· JP Marechal white aluminum crossbeam
· Harken batten car system
· Two-part mainsail sheeting system
· Harken roller furling head stay and forestay
· (2) Harken winch handles
· Spinlock VC rope clutches
· (1) Harken 53, 2-speed electric mainsail utility winch
· (2) Harken 48, 2-speed electric gennaker winches
· (2) Harken 48, 2-speed mainsail sheet winches
· (2) Harken 44, 2-speed secondary winches
· (1) Harken 44, 2-speed halyard winch
· Island Planet Sails
o MXL Main w/ 3 reefs (approx. install 5/11)
o MXL Self tacking jib (approx. install 5/11)
o 2.1 oz gennaker (approx. install 5/11)
· Asymmetrical Spinnaker
· Symmetrical Spinnaker
· Well-insulated engines located aft in each hull with work lights and access via teak-laid hatches. Cylinders rebuilt in Jan 2015.
· (2) Volvo MD22L 50-hp
· (2) Volvo sail-drive transmissions
· (2) 3-blade folding Volvo props
· (2) Racor fuel/water separators
· (1) set of engine controls at starboard helm station
· Sea Recovery 800-gal/day water maker
· Dual Cruisair A/C units with heat pumps
· (6) automatic bilge pumps
· (2) manual bilge pumps
· (2) 8-gallon water heaters (220V and engine exchange)
· (2) fresh water pumps with accumulator tank
· Horseshoe life ring with strobe
· MOB pole
· Flare kits
· (6) Life jackets
· (5) fire extinguishers
· (1) ACR RLB-32 406 Mhz EPIRB
· (1) emergency tiller
4100 Main St
Philadelphia, PA 19127