SKIPPER will be on display show at the Palma Superyacht Show 28th April - 2nd May 2017
SKIPPER was built by a top Dutch yard HYB and plans and work list were executed to the very last detail. She is the ideal boat for long distance cruising with plenty of redundancy and fuel is plenty on board to cross the Atlantic on her engine.
Her still first owner wanted to sail with a small crew and the crew that is on board today is there from day one and very dedicated to keep a perfectly maintained boat at all times. Due to the fact that this owner required rather little service the entire summertime the owner had just two crew and this boat can be sailed, despite her 100ft by two people.
Marine grade aluminum hull and decks.
Teak was glued directly onto primed aluminum decks. The teak was 22 mm when new and today there is very much teak left. When lightly sanded, all fittings were taken off prior to sanding.
Watertight bulkheads in following areas:
- Between the chain locker and the fore ship.
- Between the Galley and crew mess,
- Engine room
- Aft ship
All sail handling is made easy due to the use of 11 captive winches. This is a truly easy to sail yacht.
2 x Lewmar 77 Halyard winches
2 x Lewmar 111 at the stern for A sails and Mooring.
All Rondal captive (service 2012/2015)
1 x hydraulic (rebuilt 2013
1 x CQR 400lb. anchor with 110m 14mm steel link chain
Deck showers: 2
Bathing ladder: 2 stainless steel
Hydromar Hydraulic gangway, serviced 2014
The cockpit offers two helm stations with all the sail controls and good view of the boat, over and along the deckhouse. Andre Hoek made sure that the helmsman was able to see the bow cut the waves at all times. Forward of the helm stations there is ample seating on both sides with fantastic protection from the fixed bimini and the deckhouse.
The aft deck is uncluttered and offers access to the lazarette from the deck as well as from the aft swim platform that opens up hydraulic.
MTU 6R 183 TE62 265kW 6 cylinder 400 hp
2750 hours at Dec 2015 - Twin disc gear box with a Variable pitch prop-
PTO on the main engine and starboard generator.
Maximum: 11,2 knots
Cruising: 10,5 knots
Range: 4500 nm
Fuel 11200 litres inuncoated, integrated tanks, four storage tanks and two day tanks.
All were serviced in 2012.
Fresh water 5800 litres
Black water 1200 litres in 2 tanks, recoated 2012
Grey water 180 litres in 2 tanks, recoated 2012
2 x Onan 35kW in silent box + PTO on the starboard generator.
Hours: 7000 each at Dec 2015
Bowthruster 75hp, Hydromar, retractable 50Kw
Sternthruster 30hp Hydromar, retractable 25 Kw.
All electrics are Lloyds compliant and installed by De Keizer.
2 battery banks of 1500Ah each, 2 Volt cells “ Sonnenschein ”, installed early 2016.
One bank for Power and one for the service side of the vessel.
3 Power packs secure that Skipper can be sailed in Silent Mode for approx. 8 hours-
Chargers: Mastervolt: 3 x 100 Amp and 3 x 25 amp for start, radio, lights
Shore power: 1 x 65 amp 400v /3 phase
Water Maker: HEM – 200 Liter per hour.
Hot Water heater: Nibe 200 litres (2000)
Air conditioning/Heating: Marine Air AC in all cabins.
All cabins are roomy and luxurious with en-suite bathrooms with stall showers. All cabins are finished in gloss blond teakwood.
Owner’s aft cabin:
The owner’s cabin is full beam with a luxurious en-suite bathroom with stall shower.
Two double beds on either side of the cabin. Tv and plenty of daylight.
Forward of the owners cabin we find two twin bedded cabins on either side of the hall way.
Forward of the salon on port side is a guest cabin with a double bed outboard and en-suite bathroom that doubles as a crew bathroom with shower / wc.
Forward of the galley over starboard we find a cabin with upper / lower berths and en-suite bathroom forward.
From the galley we have a sliding door to the crew mess with U Shaped sofa, all electric controls and some electronics. TV / CD / Video player for the crew. Aft of the crew mess is the crew bathroom that again doubles as a en suite bathroom for the port forward guest cabin. Forward of the crew mess we have a mirror image cabin from the starboard crew cabin.
The deck salon is fantastic with 360 degree views. Over port there is a large table with U shaped sofa with blue leather upholstery. Over starboard the usual navigation equipment and transmitting equipment. A joystick and trusters as well as engine controls enable one to steer the boat from inside, although in practice never used.
It is just a few steps from the upper decksalon down to the lower salon with ample sofas over port, TV and places to relax. Over starboard there is a table.
Autopilots: 1 x Segatron 1 x B&G Hydropilot
Gyrotrack KVH (2014)
Radar: Furuno, 72NM color-
GPS: 2 x Furuno GP32 (2013)
Navtex: Sailor SatC (2000)
Echosounder 2 x B&G Hydro 2000
B&G wind speed and direction
B&G Analogue + FFD’s
3 x Analogue rudder angle indicators
SATCOM: KVH Tracphone/ KVH Tracvision
SSB: Furuno FS1562
VHF: 3 x Sailor C4901 DSC
GSM: Nokia Premice (2000/2014)
Switchboard: Panasonic advanced intercom system, alarm is connected to the cell phone while off the boat.
4G WIFI router
MAST and RIGGING
Rondal Alu mast and boom, serviced 2013
Rondal Alu spinnaker boom
Reefing system: Main in-mast/headsail Hydraulic Rondal furlers, all serviced 2013
Masthead sloop, nitronic rod rig (New 2013)
Height from waterline: 42m
Doyle Stratis Main, genoa and jib, 2015
These sails were new in July 2015 and used this summer for no more than 10 times.
Spinnaker 1, 2000
Safety and Fire Fighting:
2 x Avon 8 person life raft (next service 6/2016
8 x Commander automatic life jackets (next service 6/2016)
2 x jonbouys (2014)
EPIRB Kannad, new
Fire extinguishers new 2015. System service due 02/2016
Cockpit awning with side panels
Extendable over the helm station.
Tenders and toys:
1 x AguaPro 4m Alu rib (2008) located in the tender bay on the foredeck. Also a Jacuzzi.
Suzuki 15 hp outboard (2008)
2 full Diving systems
Bauer diving compressor
Works completed during 2013 refit, STP Palma shipyard:
Mast, boom & Rig, standing and running:
- Mast and rig pulled out of boat.
- All rigging removed for inspection. Only small imperfections were found, but in order to observe due diligence it was decided to replace the entire rig.
- All new OYS Nitronic rod rigging ordered and installed.
- All running rigging replaced
- All other systems, cabling, lights and electronics checked, serviced or replaced, as needed.
- Hydraulic furlers (3) serviced and rebuilt by Rondal service agent
- Hydraulic halyard rams (3) serviced
- Hydraulic aft stay tensioners (2) serviced
- Hydraulic boom vang serviced
- Mast & boom re-installed and tuned.
Deck & paint:
- Boat covered with a full tent.
- Cockpit totally dismantled, teak seating taken out, all fittings taken off in preparation for painting.
- All decks fittings, hatches and hinges taken off in preparation for painting.
- White superstructure prepared and re-sprayed in Awlgrip
- Cockpit re-sprayed in Awlgrip
- Blue strip by toe rails re-sprayed in Awlgrip
- Teak decks restored. Lightly sanded and caulking replaced where needed. Decks hatches and hinges taken off, treated, machined to flush fit.
- New Furuno AIS system installed
- 2 x new Furuno GPS navigators installed
- New navigational PC installed
- New Transas PC-based navigation soft ware installed
- New PC screen
- New cockpit hi-resolution water proof monitor installed
- New B&G processor
- New KVH Gyro-Track compass installed
- 2 x B&G speed paddle wheels
- Hull sand blasted, inspected (was perfect) and re-coated
- 2 xl grey tanks stripped and re-coated with Epoxy
- 2 x black tanks stripped and re-coated with Epoxy
- 2 x Fresh Water tank stripped and re-coated with Epoxy
- 4 x fuel tanks cleaned and inspected (un-coated)
- Bowthruster taken out and re-build
Works completed during 2015-16 refit, STP Palma shipyard:
3 x brand new sails, Doyle Stratis
Teak decks re-conditioned: Teak plugs drilled out and replaced. Caulking cut/renewed where needed and whole decks sanded and restored.
Further varnish works interior,
Further painting on deck.
All hatch gutters painted.
Main Engine (hours: 2745)
Main Engine serviced every 200 hrs, or once a year. Latest service April 2016
Work included: Oil and filter replaced; Coolant replaced; Valves adjusted; Fuel pre-filters replaced; Mercedes Fuel filters (secondary) replaced;
Generators (2 x Onan 42kWA ps 7091/sb 7134 hrs
All serviced, oil and filters, fuel pre-filters, fuel filters, coolant, SW pump impellers, compression tests (perfect, report on file) valves adjusted.
1500 Ah service battery bank replaced (12 batteries)
1500 Ah Power battery bank replaced (12 batteries)
Fire fighting systems:
All serviced 02/16, inclusive engine room fixed FM 200
Haul out STP May/June 2016:
Work done on the hard includes:
- Underwater hull, HP clean, including both thrusters, prop and shaft
- Antifouling. 3 coats of International Trilux 33, black.
- Sea inlet- and out let valves serviced
- Main inlet sea chests, strainers and cross over serviced. Port side main inlet valve replaced. Forward fire pump inlet valve replaced.
- Top sides polished
- Keel tank inspection hatches taken off, tank inspected, cleaned and inspection hatches seals replaced (tank was sandblasted and re-coated in 2014)
Propeller, shaft, variable pitch system and gear box works:
- Variable pitch propeller “Teignbridge” dismantled and serviced
- Variable pitch gear box taken out, dismantled and serviced. All new bearings and seals
- Marine gearbox “Twin Disc” taken out and rebuild, new seals & bearings.
- Propeller shaft pulled out, taken to machine shop. Installed in lathe, checked for wear & torsion, cleaned. Was in perfect condition.
- Propeller shaft bearings serviced. oil and water seals, both engine room side and water side, all replaced.
- Propeller shaft oil bath oil replaced
- Propeller shaft aft “cutlass bearing” replaced
- Main engine rubber support blocks replaced (all 4)
- Propeller shaft & main engine re-aligned. Boat sea trials showed perfect alignment.
Rudder & Thrusters works:
- Rudder pulled out
- Rudder lower and upper bearings serviced
- Steering system & steering quadrant serviced
- Zink anodes serviced
- Bow thruster serviced (totally re-build in 2013)
- Stern thruster dismantled, serviced, new seals and bearings
Full report on work, photos and invoices on file.
2 x brand new 8-man life rafts purchased 2016
Further recent Skipper works:
- complete intermediate rig service & tune by The Rigging Shop 2016
NOTE: Brand new standing and running rig installed in 2013
- complete air con service by BaleAir
- complete fridge/freeze service by BaleAir
- complete safety service by OS, including life jackets, MoB JonBuys, Epirb.
- 2 x life raft replaced ( 2 x brand new ones)
- fire fighting systems & extinguishers serviced
- working air compressor service
- Bauer diving air compressor service
- new spray hood by Doyle
- complete service on Mercedes main engine
-complete service on both Onan generators
- complete service on water maker
- new sails bend on, boat sea-trials. Performance monitoring
NOTE: Brand new Doyle Stratis carbon sails 2015. un-used!
Fire Fighting Installations: yearly service and certification. 5 new extinguishers purchased. Fixed engine room FM 200 serviced and certified (was new in 2014)
- Communication: sat com C, InmarSat yearly service fee and certification
- Communication: Sat com Mini M: de-commissioned due to termination of the service. Inmarsat on 01/01/17 made a commercial decision to discontinue this service due to new technology being rolled out.
-Paint: In the process of repairing some corrosion in the side decks blue paint. Weather permitting this should be finished early March.
-Engineering: normal spring check and servicing as per maintenance schedules being planned for March. Working on repairing a faulty waste water pump and some minor refrigeration system issues.
Boat is in full commission, fuelled (6000 l) and ready for sea trials with short notice.
Edificio Dux - Calle Porto Pi 4, 1 ª
Palma de Mallorca,