"Summer Wind" is a beautiful example of the Catalina 42 that has been lightly used and shows very well. Her layout is extremely roomy with plenty of light, headroom for tall sailors, and room to move about below. This boat features the two-cabin layout with a pullman berth aft and an electric head. Her Yanmar 4JH3 has only 200 engine hours and is ready for years of adventure to come. Whether offshore, at the dock, or at anchor, "Summer Wind" has a lot to offer in space and features at 42 feet.
Summer Wind's hull is solid hand laid GRP construction with externally attached lead fin keel, molded skeg and spade rudder. The deck is also GRP construction with 2-tone deck, white with molded gray non-skid. The hull to deck joint is hat box type, with the joint covered by the aluminum rub rail and vinyl insert. Recessed anchor locker forward with single bow roller, anchor windlass. The chain plates are well inboard affording wide and unencumbered side decks leading to the spacious cockpit and walk-thru transom. Dual leaf fiberglass cockpit table, pedestal wheel steering with wheel brake, built-in stern rail seats.
* Welded double bow and stern rails
* Side stanchions, double lifelines
* Port, starboard & stern boarding gates
* Stern swim ladder
* Edison pedestal steering
* 44" Destroyer wheel, leather wrapped
* Ritchie SP-5C pedestal compass
* 3-Bow bimini w/helm window, free standing
* Lewmar windlass
* Dodger w/ windshield cover
Entering the wide companionway, Summer Wind's salon greets you with a generous dinette to port and a setee and navigation station to starboard. Beautiful blue fabric covers the seating, and is in great condition. The large salon table may be lowered and converrted to accomodate guests on a third berth.
The aft head is located to starboard when entering the boat, and may be accessed from the salon or aft cabin.
Summer Wind's spacious L-shaped galley is to port when entering the boat, and is made larger on this version due to the elimination of the second aft stateroom.
The aft stateroom features a queen size berth to starboard, opposite cedar-lined hanging lockers and drawers and a small sitting bench.
Moving forward, the owner's stateroom is quite spacious with a large berth to port and walkway to starboard. The forward head boasts a seperate shower stall.
Additional Features Include:
* (9)Lewmar opening hatches
* (7)Lewmar opening ports
* (3)Lewmar fixed ports
* (8)110Vac outlets
* 12Vdc outlet at chart table
* Inner spring mattresses(master has memory foam)
* Area floor rugs
* Comforters, linens, towels, pillows
* Wall mounted pictures
* Y-valves for both holding tanks
This version of the Catalina 42 features a large l-shaped galley at the base of the companionway to port. Polished, double stainless steel sinks are located close to the centerline. Outboard is a large, insulated dry storage locker which could be converted to a second refrigeration locker or dedicated freezer.
Aft of the refrigeration are numerous cabinets and drawers with wire basket storage. Above the countertops, there are spacious storage lockers. There is additional storage below the sinks, and opposite the refrigerator door is a flip up work surface.
* Princess 3-burner LPG stove w/oven
* Adler Barbour Large Horizontal Cold Machine
* Granite coat countertops(Corian-like)
* Hot/cold pressure water
* 11 Gal. water heater
* Aluminum LPG bottle, 10Lb
Summer Wind is Equipped with 12Vdc and 110Vac systems alongsides breaker panels with magnetic-type breakers and battery condition meter. The 12Vdc system has three group 4D batteries with both house and engine start banks. She has 30-amp shore power service with dual power inlets at both the stern and in the anchor locker.
* Link 20 battery monitor
* Cruise Air reverse cycle A/C,
* 1-1/4" s/s prop shaft
* Dual bow, stern shore power inlets
* (2)50' shore cords
* Separate house and engine start rotary battery switches
* (1)45 gal., (1)20 Gal. fuel tank
Mounted at the helm is a 4-head Navpod for the sailing electronics, with a second Navpod below for the GPS/Plotter display and RAM handset. Below at the chart table is a VHF radio, stereo, television and VCR/DVD player.
* Raytheon knot/log
* Raytheon depth sounder
* Raytheon AWI/AWS
* Standard Horizon VHF Radio
* Raytheon GPS/Plotter with second station
* Sony AM/FM/CD player
Summer Wind has a double spreader, keel-stepped masthead rig with a clear anodized mast and boom constructed by Charleston Spars. The oversized standing rigging is 1x19 s/s wire rope. Running rigging is braided line with all sail control lines and halyards led to the cockpit sheet stoppers and self-tailing winches. Forespar adjustable whisker pole is stored on the mast and is equipped with an uphaul/downhaul system.
* Catalina full batten mainsail w/Dutchman
* Catalina 140% r/f genoa
* Forespar LC15-27ADJ whisker pole
* (2)Lewmar 54CST primary winches
* (2)Lewmar 40CST halyard winches
* Charleston Spars double spreader mast
* Schaefer roller furling system
* Dual reef points, single line reefing
* Garhauer s/s rigid boom vang
* Garhauer adjustable sheet leads
* Garhauer mainsheet traveler
IJPE : 797.00 sq ft
I : 53.00 ft
J : 16.42 ft
P : 46.75 ft
E : 15.50 ft
Working Sail Area : 797.00 sq ft
Keel Type: Wing
Ballast: 8300 lb
Displacement: 20500 sq ft
Max Draft: 4'10"
3 Lockwood Drive
Charleston, SC 29401