SAY WHEN (ex-TOMAHAWK) is one of five BB-25s built by Joel White in the 1990s to the 1914 HMCo design, based on the original Herreshoff Mfg. Co. drawings at MIT’s Hart Collection. Brooklin Boat Yard wood construction and coldmolded epoxy technology achieved great strength, rigidity, and stability with low maintenance.
Beautiful, hugely powerful, impeccable and completely up-to-date; mint condition, needs nothing, everything works perfectly; ready for “Spirit of Tradition” Classics racing and fabulous day-sailing and overnight cruising.
In immaculate condition: lightly used by two multi-boat owners; stored indoors in the off-season and constantly maintained and upgraded by Bruce Avery at Noank since new. Fresh paint in and out (including cabin ceiling, lockers, bilges, and engine box) and varnish detailing (including spars) yearly. All new canvas, 2009: new cabin-cushion foam, dark green Sunbrella cushion covers, and padded storage bags for two cabin doors. Sail-away equipped with 8 life preservers, 2 fenders with new (2011) dark green fleece fender covers and matching green braid dock lines, heavy anchor with chain and rope rode, lunch hook with rode, boat hook.
SAILS AND RIGGING:
• Nat Wilson Gaff Main & Jib in excellent condition, lightly used
• “Toast” tan Sunbrella sailcovers
• Lewmar ball-bearing air-blocks for all halyards, sheets, and runners
• Harken mainsheet ratchet block and cam-cleat
• Custom Reineck bronze turning blocks and collar at mast for halyards
• Correct Herreshoff-style bronze cleats
• Amsteel lazy-jacks
ENGINE: As-new Yanmar 9 hp single-cylinder inboard diesel, completely rebuilt and repainted with new Yanmar control panel hidden in locker, 2011. Discrete Kobelt bronze single-lever gear and throttle control. Folding prop.
• FUEL: 6-gallon metal tank
• WATER: 6-gallon plastic bladder tank connected to bronze faucet
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM & BILGE PUMPS:
• Two 12-volt batteries with rotary on-off-both switch
• Two electric bilge pumps, each with float switch and on-off-auto switch
• Manual “Guzzler” bilge pump
• “Tack-tick” depth, speed, GPS, and wind sensors and four wireless (solar-powered) Tack-Tick displays
• Garmin 545 GPS-plotter discretely wired, stored in cabin locker, with custom bronze cockpit bracket
• Two large Ritchie constellation bulkhead compasses, rebuilt 2010
ACCOMMODATIONS: Spartan but comfortable cabin:
• V-berth with triangular filler, with space below for a porta-potty
• Two seats outboard, P & SB, facing centerline
• SS sink to port outboard of engine box, with bronze hand-pump faucet, connected to 6-gallon freshwater bladder
• Ice chest to SB
416 Main Street
Rockport, ME 04856