2010-2012 EXTENSIVE REFIT DONE BY BILLINGS DIESEL & MARINE:
- All pilothouse side windows removed, new American Marine windows installed and lowered to allow improved sight while sitting down in salon.
- Rebuilt portside L-settee to make more comfortable for socializing, adding new hi-lo teak table.
- New varnished teak salon cabin sole incorporating improved and lighter engine hatches with S/S hinges.
- Engine removed, engine room regelcoated, extensive engine insulation added and improved engine room ventilation.
- Installed new 3000w inverter-charger and new battery system.
- Installed new, lighter Edson aluminum mast with spreaders to house, radar scanner, light, horn and VHF antenna.
- Rebuilt flybridge side shells, and built new varnished teak slatted side-by-side seats with new cushions on flybridge.
- Replaced entire flybridge sole with new fiberglass sole.
- Installed new Venturi windshield.
- Installed all new plumbing hoses, sinks and faucet fixtures.
- Rebuilt the enclosed head adding fresh water W.C., new shower, new mahogany medicine cabinet, and mirror on door, making entire head area more modern and spacious.
- Installed new Phantom roller screen companionway door to salon.
- Installed new screens on all opening windows and hatches.
- Installed three new forward cabin hatches and one hatch in the galley for extra light and ventilation.
- Rebuilt the hanging locker, to improve storage; added concealed "hidy hole".
- Replaced headliner in wheelhouse with v-groove rigid paneling.
- Installed saltwater washdown in stern.
- Installed new rope lighting behind valance in pilothouse; install string lighting under cockpit coamings.
- Installed new trim ballast in bilge.
- Reconfigured galley with new sink and faucets, new appliances including new refrigerator, new shelving and icebox top.
- Rebuilt locker with varnished teak top to house new LPG bottles, located under S/S ladder to flybridge.
- Installed solid 3/8" teak on transom laminated into fiberglass surface, with polished S/S corners at transom.
- Entire hull, deck and superstructure Awlgripped; black hull, red boottop, green bottom, and white decks and superstructure.
- All exterior teak stripped and revarnished with numerous coats to very high standards.
- Installed new saltwater washdown at bow and hot and cold shower in cockpit.
- Installed all new electronics by Raymarine - two C-120 Radar-GPS Plotter units, up & down, new Raymarine autopilot.
- Fabricated all new ultrasuede cushions with new foam - blue with red piping.
HULL & DECK:
- Solid fiberglass hull on built-down hull design.
- Black Awlgripped hull, red boottop, green bottom.
- Fiberglass non-skid decks, Awlgripped white; superstructure also Awlgripped white.
- Laid & caulked teak planked cockpit sole; natural-finished teak cockpit coamings.
- Dual helms with Hynautic hydraulic steering.
- Moulded trim “wedge” added to bottom of stern for a permanent fiberglassed trim tab.
- Varnished teak swim platform with four S/S brackets and folding swim ladder.
- Varnished teak transom.
- Painted wood spray and quarter rails.
- Varnished teak rubrails fitted with bronze half oval.
- Varnished teak toerails and cockpit coamings.
- Varnished teak handrails and half round, and varnished teak trim.
- Bronze portholes with screens.
- Awlgripped white aluminum mast.
- Two teak sliding raised paneled varnished companionway doors to main salon.
- Two aluminum LPG bottles are located in a special cockpit locker with a drain to the cockpit sole; the locker has varnished teak top.
- Teak and S/S ladder to flybridge.
Fuel: 250 gallons in two fiberglass tanks.
Water: 100 gallons in in two poly tanks.
Holding: 35 gallons in fiberglass tank with 12V macerator pump and deck pumpout.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Single Caterpillar 320 hp, 3208T V8 diesel, FWC; Billings has gone through engine, replaced hoses as needed, painted engine; oil samples done consistently and are all good.
- Cruising speed: 12 knots @ 2200-2400 RPM @ 1-3 gph.
- Maximum speed: 17 knots @ 2800 RPM.
- Engine hours: 3594 as of 6/16.
- Twin Disc MG506 transmission.
- Two Racor 900 FG fuel filters.
- Perko seawater strainer.
- New PYY dripless shaft seal.
- New cutlass bearing.
- 12V Groco oil changing pump.
- Flexible engine mounts.
- New power steering offering over 3 1/2 turns on hydraulic steering.
- New ZF Mathers Micro Command single level electronic shift and controls.
- Halon 1301 automatic extinguisher for engine compartment.
- 2” S/S shaft; 4 bladed RH prop.
- Line cutters.
- Many engine spares.
- 12V-110V electrical system.
- All new AGM batteries; four house and two for engine start.
- New Victron inverter-charger, 3000w.
- 30 amp shore power with shore power cord.
- New 11 gallon hot water heater.
- 100 amp high output alternator.
- 110V outlets.
- 25´ & 50´ shore power cords with adapters.
- For four with all new Ultrasuede cushions, blue with red piping, and completely refinished varnished interior.
- Handsomely designed in the Herreshoff-style for a cruising couple, and 2 occasional guests.
- Exquisite joinery of white bulkheads, and varnished Honduras mahogany for doors, drawer fronts and cabinetry, and a varnished teak and holly sole.
- Starting forward is the chain and rode locker, followed aft by a large vee berth, and small seat between the bunks.
- There are open shelves above the vee berths.
- Next are dinette/settee seats, port and starboard, with lockers and drawers outboard.
- There are storage lockers under each seat.
- Aft is the galley to port with a large 12V Sea Frost refrigerator, a new Broadwater three burner LPG stove with oven and broiler, S/S sink, and hot and cold pressure water.
- Opposite to starboard is the redesigned enclosed head, which includes a handheld shower, new sink and new electric fresh water Vacuflush-type head, and a holding tank system, with macerator pump and y-valve for direct discharge.
- The Pilothouse/Salon has super 360° visibility with two new raised paneled sliding teak doors with screens, which open to the cockpit; all salon windows are new and were lowered for full visibility when seated.
- To port in the salon is an L-shaped convertible settee, and a bureau of 3 drawers forward.
- A new teak hi-lo table mounts here.
- The lower helm is to starboard with a fold-away teak pilot seat and cockpit table, full electronics and engine controls.
- The cabin sole in the pilothouse is a new laid and caulked varnished teak sole.
- Excellent access to the engine and batteries is easily achieved through new large, well-insulated hatches in the cabin sole.
- Ritchie compass (power damp).
- ICOM 1C-M120 VHF radio.
- New Raymarine C-120 Radar-GPS/Plotter & depth.
- New Raymarine autopilot.
- Datamarine Dart digital depthsounder, speed, log, temp.
- JVC AM-FM-CD player.
- Ritchie compass.
- Raytheon VHF radio.
- New Raymarine C-90 Radar-GPS/Plotter & depth.
- New Raymarine autopilot.
- 12V Ideal windlass with chain drive and rope drum.
- Varnished teak anchor platform with S/S bow rail and anchor roller.
- 35 lb CQR Plow anchor with 80´ 5/16” BBB chain and approx. 200´ rode.
- 20 lb Fortress with approx. 200´ rode and 20´ chain lead.
- Three electric bilge pumps.
- Manual Whale bilge pump.
- Seth Thomas black-cased clock.
- Linen and cover for forward berth.
- Bronze outboard bracket to starboard.
- Two flybridge varnished teak slatted seats, with new white closed cell cushions, which seats four adults easily.
- New Flybridge Venturi.
- Spotlight (handheld).
- Nav lights.
- Upgraded Espar diesel heater for cabin, head and pilothouse.
- New Pilothouse stereo speakers.
- 2006 Removable S/S St. Croix davits.
- Fenders, docklines, and fenderboard.
- Varnished ensign and staff.
- Equipment manuals.
- Emergency tiller.
- Life jackets, bell, horn.
- Windshield wipers and washers.
- Two wicker chairs for cockpit with striped upholstered cushions.
- Two liferings.
- 9' West Marine Dinghy & 6 hp Yamaha 4 stroke OB (NEGOTIABLE).
- EXCLUSIONS: DECK/STEP BOX, ALL PAINTINGS & PERSONAL PLAQUES, ALL CUTLERY & PLATES & GLASSES, ALL BOOKS, FIRST AID KIT, TOOL BOX, TOWELS & BAGS, FLASHLIGHTS, ORIENTAL RUGS, CANDLES, KITCHEN/GALLEY EQUIPMENT & PLASTIC CONTAINERS, CHARTS, BINOCULARS, BBQ, 2 PILLOWS, 2 CAPTAINS CHAIRS, WICKER CHAIRS, ALL PERSONAL BELONGINGS.
COMMENTS: SAFARI is one of the most handsome Custom-built Downeast Cruisers by John Williams this office has seen. Known as a Stanley 36 Flybridge Cruiser, she is powered with a 320 hp Cat, cruising easily and economically at 12 knots, offering a seaworthy, comfortable ride due to her built-down hull with a long keel and oversized rudder. Her interior accommodations for four are finished in exquisite mahogany joinery.
An extensive refit was completed over a two year period from 2010-2012, effectively rebuilding or replacing almost every system in this vessel, making her one of the finest Downeast vessels to be offered for sale. In 2014-2015, she was not launched, but was kept in a heated storage facility. Presently for the 2016 season, she has just been launched, fully commissioned and is now ready for a new owner, as the Seller has purchased a Motorsailer. SAFARI is an outstanding vessel which will not disappoint the most discriminating buyer. She is immaculately-kept by her fastidious and knowledgeable Seller. She really is a "10" on a 1-10 scale, and it is rare for this office to see a vessel of this caliber.
Please come and inspect this unique offering and thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.