Spécifications, Équipements et informations supplémentaires:
Nom du bateau
SEA JAY IV
Architecte: Jean Berret
Longeur hors tout: 39 Pied 10 Pouce
Maître bau: 12 Pied 12 Pouce
Longeur de ligne de flottaison: 32 Pied 9 Pouce
Tirant d'eau minimum: 7 Pied 3 Pouce
Tirant d'eau maximum: 7 Pied 2 Pouce
Déplacement: 8400 Kilogrammes
Lest: 3444 Kilogrammes
Puissance totale: 50 HP
Marque moteur: Beta
Type de moteur/essence: Diesel
Puissance moteur: 50 HP
Nombre de couchettes simples: 7
Nombre de cabines: 2
Nombre de toilettes: 2
With new engine, gearbox and nav. gear in 2016 and new rig in 2014 she is very much up to date and ready to go. Built during Beneteau’s prime when the yachts were somewhat more expensive and very much hand-built. With her sweet and forgiving hull lines, safe cockpit configuration, excellent two-cabin, 2-heads layout and manageable rig, she would be ideal for all disciplines from coastal cruising, to ARC adventures, and even club racing for those so inclined. Now ashore for the winter she is ready and raring for a new owner.
In the last 7 years I have owned and sailed on numerous boats from Jeanneau’s to Swan’s to Contessa 32’s and I can honestly say that the First 405 is one of my favorites. Not only are her lines pleasing to the eye, but she sails like a dream and will always look after you in big weather. Although some 25 years old the build construction surpasses that of more modern yachts and retains a lovely cosy feel below decks.
She is the preferred vessel in my fleet of boats and one which the Instructors wish to sail most. I will miss her.
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP hull and deck construction.
- GRP non-slip decks.
- White gelcoat hull.
- Preventative epoxy system applied to hull in 2008.
- Teak laid cockpit seating with teak cockpit grating.
Keel & Rudder:
- Iron fin keel externally bolted.
- Balanced GRP rudder blade connected to wheel steering in cockpit.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Beta 50hp diesel engine (2016).
- New gearbox (2016)
Maintenance & Performance:
- Cruising Speed: 6 knots.
- Max Speed: 9 knots.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Stainless steel propeller shaft connected to gearbox via Vetus flexible coupling.
- Non-drip shaft seal.
- Fixed propeller (2014).
- Aluminium helm pedestal with large diameter stainless steel helm wheel.
- Spare helm wheel.
- Emergency steering gear.
- 12v DC domestic system with 220v/AC ring main from shore power.
- 1 x 12v DC 102Ah engine start battery.
- 3 x 12v DC 102AH service batteries joined to supply 306Ah @ 12v.
- Victron Pallas 12/25 battery charger (2015).
- MAstervolt inveter Mass Sine 12/500 12v-230v (2015).
- Engine mounted alternator for charging engine & service batteries.
- Mastervolt Masterlinke BTM1 battery monitoring system.
- 220vAC ring main with sockets internally.
- 12vDC socket at chart table.
- Main AC/DC control panel.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 12v DC pressurised water pump for supplying fresh water.
- Hot water supply via engine calorifier and 220vAC immersion heater element in 25 litre Isotemp hot water tank powered by shorepower.
- Manual bilge pump.
- 12vDC electric bilge pump (also discharging greywater from shore sump).
- 1 x Stainless steel fuel tank located beneath aft berth with 150 litres.
- In-line fuel filter.
- Fuel gauge at helm.
- 3 x GRP fresh water tanks located beneath saloon seating and under forward berth, with combined capacity of 450 litres.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Heads discharge outboard.
- The shower and sinks discharge directly outboard.
- New Raymarine 5in touch screen chart plotter with 2 repeaters on deck.
- Plastimo Olympic 135 steering compass (2015).
- Raymarine chart plotter series.
- Furuno GP31 GPS repeater.
- ICS Nav4 plus navtex receiver.
- Barometer, clock and thermometer.
- Digital weather station.
- Shipmate RS300 VHF at chart table with external loudspeaker in cockpit and at chart table.
- Optimus 6000 stainless steel gimballed cooker with 3-burners.
- Twin stainless steel deep bowl sinks.
- Top opening 12vDC Frigomatic refrigerator/freezer.
- Jabsco manual marine heads.
- Basin with hot and cold water supply and built in shower head.
- Two lockers over basin and mirror.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Webasto Airtop diesel fired hot air cabin heating with outlets throughout interior.
- Dimplez 220vAC hot air heaters in forward and aft cabin for use with shorepower.
- Grundig radio/cassette player with CD autochanger and speakers in saloon and cockpit.
- FM/TV aerial.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to seven berths in two double cabins with saloon seats converting to single berths.
- Interior joinery in teak with satin varnish.
- Teak doors and trim.
- Teak and holly solid floors with satin varnish.
- Light blue alcantara upholstery in saloon.
- Luxury mattresses in aft cabin with sprung slats.
- Cream vinyl headlinings throughout and on exposed hull sides where there is no teak trim.
- Solid teak handrails throughout the interior for easy movement offshore.
- Epoxy sealed end grains and sub flooring.
- Pipe cot in saloon.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Double V-berth with hanging locker and storage.
En-suite Heads Compartment:
- Manual marine WC and hand held shower.
- U-shaped dinette with centre line drop leaf table.
- Saloon settees can sleep 2-singles.
- U-shaped galley 3-burner stove with oven, double stainless steel sinks with hot and cold water, top loading cold pack refrigeration system.
- Chart table with navigator’s light, instruments and seat.
Aft Heads Compartment:
- Manual marine toilet, vanity sink with hot/cold water and hand held shower.
- Owner’s aft cabin with settee bench, cupboards and hanging locker. Access to en-suite head.
- New Z spars aluminium alloy deck-stepped mast with two sets of spreaders.
- Masthead rigged.
- new running rigging (2014)
- Adjustable rod-vang.
- Manual adjustable backstay.
- Slab reefing with 3-reefs.
- Profurl genoa furler operated from cockpit with jammer on side deck.
- Aluminium alloy spinnaker pole.
- Rigging screw protectors.
- 2 x Lewmar 52ST 2-speed self-tailing manual genoa/primary winches.
- 2 x Lewmar 40ST 2-speed self-tailing manual spinnaker winches.
- 2 x Harken 40.2ST 2-speed self-tailing manual halyard winches.
- 2 x Lewmar 30 2-speed manual reefing winches on mast.
- Main (2014).
- Solent Jib (2014).
- Storm jib.
- Genoa 130%.
- Hagoort spinnaker (2000).
- Stainless steel guardrail stanchions with twin stainless steel wire guardwires.
- Stainless steel pulpit with teak step and pushpit.
- Stainless steel mast pulpits.
- Grabrails on main superstructure coachroof.
- Stainless steel cradle for fitment of liferaft.
- Stainless steel framed bathing platform with teak slats.
- Folding transom bathing ladder.
- Outboard/MOD davit.
- Antenna pole at transom.
- Teak cockpit table.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Giot manual anchor windlass.
- 20lb CQR anchor with 30m of galvanized chain.
- Warps and fenders.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Beige canvas sprayhood with stainless steel frame (2009).
- Cockpit tent extension (2009).
- Helm wheel cover (2009).
- Blue canvas mainsail cover.
- Blue canvas genoa cover.
- Canvas dodgers.
- 2 x Horseshoe buoys with light.
- Emergency boarding ladder.
- Navigation lights with tri-colour head, steaming lights, running lights and deck flood lights.
- Firdell radar reflector.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.