Genesis has been owned and cared for by one family since she was launched. Always stored indoors for the winters and pampered by the owner’s boatyard she is in exceptional shape. If you are looking for one of these classic Hinckley treasures Genesis will surely not disappoint.
Fresh bottom paint, launched, rigged, commissioned and ready to sail away!
Hull: Molded one piece solid FRP Integral 6” deck flange
Deck: Molded one piece deck/house. Non skid pattern on decks, cabin top and cockpit. Molded in scuppers with stainless screens for deck and cockpit.
Ballast: Lead, external
Centerboard: Bronze airfoil shape, worm gear lift
Hull to deck joint: Fiberglass bonded with thru bolts and mechanical fastenings.
Mast steps, main & mizzen: Stainless steel, adjustable. Bonded solid fiberglass base.
Bulkheads: Marine grade Honduras mahogany plywood bonded full length to hull & deck. ¾” plywood main bulkheads, cabinets ½”.
Engine beds: Solid fiberglass bonded to hull.
Engine: Perkins 4-108 diesel, fresh water cooled. 40hp rated at 3000 RPM 2:1 reduction gear. Fiberglass waterlift muffler. Stainless propeller shaft mounted in a flexible dripless stuffing box with a replaceable cutlass bearing. Remote oil filter/oil cooler bronze sea strainer with removable screen. Emergency parallel start switch provided.
Rope/chain locker: Ample size with port & stbd. shelves for gear storage.
V berth: 6’6” long, 6” foam cushions removable covers with zippers.
Dresser: Located aft of port bunk with outboard locker, shelf, four drawers and storage bin.
Additional storage: Large drawers & storage compartments under both bunks.
Hanging locker: Aft of stbd. bunk with louvered door. Shelf & hanger bar provided. Hull lined with mahogany ceiling strips.
Vanity:Full length, Formica top, mahogany trim. Hinged hamper, storage provided under oval sink. Hot & cold pressure water from chrome faucet.
Pan: Fiberglass molded one-piece. Oiled teak trim and teak shower grating with drain to sump tank.
Outboard locker: (2) large with removable shelves. Mahogany ceiling strips vented above & below.
Ventilation: Bronze opening port with screen. 5” cowl vent with dorade box on cabin top.
Lighting: Dome light over toilet, bulkhead lamp illuminating oval mirror-110VAC GFI outlet provided. Pull switch for shower sump pump.
Liquor locker:Leaded glass door, mahogany glass & bottle racks. Dresser shelf with (3) drawers below.
Pilot berths: Stbd. 6’-6”, port 6’-3”, 6” foam cushions removable covers with zippers. (3) drawers with positive locks under both port & stbd. bunks. Lee cloths
Transom berths: Stb. 6’-6”, port 6’-3” extension berths. 4” foam cushions, removable covers with zippers. (3) drawers with positive locks under port & stb. bunks.
Dining table: Varnished mahogany, folding leaves with removable fiddle rails.
Cabin sole: Solid teak with alternating holly strips, 10 coats of polyurethane varnish. Dust bin with teak grating located near galley. All sections removable.
Doors:Solid mahogany frames with panels, positive locks, chrome & brass hardware.
Grab rails: Full length port & stbd. under portlights.
Engine room: (2) doors from main cabin provide excellent access to both sides of the engine. Acoustic foam/lead lined sound insulation on all surrounding surfaces.
Stove: Dickinson Marine P-3 polished stainless steel three burner with combination oven/broiler. Gimbaled in a stainless steel lined compartment. Positive lock for upright position. Storage bin located underneath stove compartment. Sliding cover for stove provides extra countertop space. LP gas with mechanical shut off valve by stove, electric solenoid with indicator light operated from breaker panel, and a tank select valve in the propane compartment containing 2 10 lb. aluminum cylinders.
Icebox: 7.5 cu.ft., 4” foam insulation all around with integral vapor/infrared barrier. Gasketed, hinged, removable top. Stainless liner with 2 sliding shelves. Separate ice bin, suitable for mechanical refrigerator/freezer configuration. Looped drain to sump tank.
Drawers: (3) located to stbd. of companionway ladder for silverware and utensils.
Storage: Large outboard locker with louvered sliding doors, shelf & mahogany ceiling. Dish storage located behind sliding paneled doors aft of sink/icebox counter area. Trap storage locker recessed in countertop.
Trash pail: Removable fiberglass conveniently located under galley sink.
Sink: Deep, single polished stainless steel with hot & cold freshwater faucet and fresh water hand pump.
Exterior woodwork: Select varnished teak, minimum 8 coats
Stemhead: Custom HRH polished stainless casting with built in chocks and attached CQR anchor holder/bow roller.
Midship chocks: Closed type, stainless
Stern chocks: Closed type, chrome
Cleats, mooring: Hollow style polished stainless steel (2) -12” fwd, 2-8” midships & 2-10” aft.
Pulpits: HRH custom fabricated polished stainless steel tubing with built in turnbuckles for lifelines
Lifelines: Double, white coated stainless wire, opening gates port and stbd.
Stanchions: Stainless with welded bases & attached bales.
Compass: 6” Ritchie with hood, pedestal mounted.
Emergency tiller: Stainless steel, slips over rudder stock located under chrome deck plate in cockpit.
Hatches, cabin top: Hinged two ways, gasketed with varnished teak frames & translucent acrylic tops.
Steering pedestal: Edson 400S deluxe with guardrail. Bronze quadrant. 6” sheaves. 28” stainless wheel.
Turning blocks: Custom Schaefer twin sheave.
Dorades: Solid teak with (2) 5” chrome cowl vents & built in storage compartment with hinged lid.
Companionway: Teak framed with solid teak dropboards lined & fitted into brass channels. Key lock in upper dropboard, carpeted storage slots for drop boards in cockpit locker. Teak sliding hatch with fiberglass seahood.
Genoa tracks:1 ¼” stainless with lead blocks & spare track cars.
Winches: Barient chrome bronze self tailing:
(3) -10” lock in handles with storage provided in cockpit coaming cuddies.
Chain pipe: Hinged stainless with chain hook.
Shower, outdoor: Located in aft locker with hot & cold mixer valve, extra long flexible hose & handheld showerhead.
Lazarette hatch: Solid teak, hinged with gasket.
Cockpit lockers: Fiberglass hatches, teak lifts, positive locking from main cabin, paneled off from engine room.
Propane locker: Solid teak hatch, molded fiberglass well with overboard drain, teak grate for tanks.
SAILS AND RIGGING
Spars: Extruded aluminum, elliptical section, tapered mainmast. Internal halyards, outhauls and topping lifts. Tangs & fittings electro polished stainless steel.
Winches: Barient chrome bronze. Genoa halyard #21STC, main halyard #21STC, spin halyard #21C, mizzen halyard #10C, mizzen staysail #10C, main reef winch Lewmar #16 chrome self-tailing.
Halyards: Samson XLS cordage. Spinnaker all rope with spliced on snapshackle. Genoa – rope tail, 7 x 19 wire with spliced eye and snapshackle. Main & mizzen – rope tail 7 x 19 wire with spliced eyes and screw pin shackles. Mizzen staysail all rope with spliced on snapshackle. Flag hoists at mainmast head, stbd. spreader & mizzen masthead.
Sheets: Samson XLS
Standing rigging: 1 x 19 stainless wire with swage type terminals.
Mast wiring: Internal conduit in both spars.
Mast partners: Stainless collar, with white Weblon covers.
Chainplates: Custom stainless with adjustable lug ends. Forged bronze alloy turnbuckle for backstay. Dual backstay, with turnbuckles and pelican hooks for mizzen mast.
Optional Equipment & Accessories
- Anchor: 35lb. polished stainless steel CQR (Simpson Lawrence)
- Anchor Chain: 8 ft. 3/8” stainless steel, type 316
- Anchor rodes: (1) 200 ft. 5/8” primary, (1) 200 ft. ½” twisted nylon
- Bow roller chock: For CQR anchor
- Boathook: CHMB varnished spruce mounted to lifeline
- Bow Ventilator: 5” chrome on varnished teak base
- Cockpit table: Pedestal mounted, varnished teak
- Cockpit sole: Teak planked with black Thiokol seams
- Fenders: (4) Polyform 8” x 20” blue with lines
- Fender covers: (4) terry cloth
- Flag: U.S.-30” x 48” nylon with snap hooks
- Cleats, midship: Port & Starboard 8” stainless steel
- Docklines: (5) 40ft. ½” braided, each with a spliced loop on one end
- Shower, cockpit: Hot & cold freshwater mounted in locker with hose and handheld shower head
- Wheel rim: Covered with elk hide
- Shorepower: Raritan 40 AMP convertor, separate 110 V panel with voltmeter and polarity indicator, (3) 110 VAC outlets on ground fault circuits, 50 ft. Hubbell cord (30amp) with 30 to 15amp adapter.
- Windlass: Ideal Mighty Mate, main disconnect switch, circuit protected
- Bilge pump-12volt: Automatic with indicator light
- Cockpit flood light: Mounted on the mizzen mast
- Main fuse-spare: Mounted on bulkhead next to fuse block
- Circuit breakers-spare: Wired in panel (2)-15amp 110VAC, (1)-15amp, (2)-10amp, (1)-5amp, 12 VDC
- Panel light: Red pilot light illuminating the cockpit switch panel
- Labels- circuit breaker spares: Engraved plaques provided for future accessories.
- VHF Radio: Raytheon Ray 78
- Raymarine C80 GPS/MFD with radar
- Stereo: Alpine CDA-118M Marine AM/FM stereo with USB port, ADS 120 watt amplifier and ADS 320 speaker system
- Instruments: Datamarine Cris package including
- Topsides: Flag blue Awlgrip, white Awlgrip boottop
- Bottom: Epoxy barrier coat followed by 3 coats white bottom paint
- “V” berth filler with cushion
- Cabinet liners: Varnished mahogany ceiling behind lockers
- Stove: Dickinson polished stainless steel, 3 burner w/ oven and broiler, automatic lighting
- Trash pail: Removable fiberglass pail mounted under galley snk
- Pump: Fresh water hand pump in galley
- Forepeak: Partitioned for additional anchor rode and chain
- Doors-louvered: Galley sliding doors and hanging locker door
- Fire extinguishers: (3) Halon UL type 5B, 2.5 lb.
- Fuel filter: Racor #220R
- Prop. Shaft: 1” Aquamet 22 stainless steel
- Yawl rig
- Main reef winch: #16 STC self tailing
- Genoa Halyard winch: Barient #21 STC self tailing
- Spars: Painted Awlgrip-white
- Furling system: Hood Seafurl 3250 for genoa
- Mizzen staysail gear: Barient #10C winch halyard, halyard and sheet cleats
- Spinnaker/MPS gear: Barient #21C winch, halyard and halyard cleat
- Rigging rollers: (4) varnished ash
- Snatch blocks:
- Traveler car-main boom: Control lines led aft to cockpit with camcleats
- Backstay turnbuckle cover: White Weblon
- Mizzen backstay: Additional stays with turnbuckle and pelican hook for port and starboard setup
- Sails – Doyle (1986) :
- Sails – Downs (2004) :
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
PO Box 1948
Shelter Island, NY 11964