Spécifications, Équipements et informations supplémentaires:
Nom du bateau
Constructeur: Dubbel & Jesse
Architecte: Ed Dubois
Longeur hors tout: 92 Pied 0 Pouce
Maître bau: 21 Pied 8 Pouce
Tirant d'eau minimum: 10 Pied 5 Pouce
Tirant d'eau maximum: 10 Pied 6 Pouce
Puissance totale: 414 HP
Marque moteur: Mercedes
Modèle moteur: OM 424 V12
Type de moteur/essence: Diesel
Puissance moteur: 414 HP
Nombre de couchettes simples: 10
Nombre de cabines: 5
Nombre de toilettes: 3
LICORNE is a superb blue water cruising yacht which has been in her current ownership for around 20 years. During this time she has been fully crewed throughout and has circumnavigated the globe, including cruising in Antarctica. She enjoyed a serious refit at Orams Marine in New Zealand in 2005 prior to her world cruise. She has always been kept in thoroughly turn key condition and has just completed a serious nautical makeover including new paint on both hull and superstructure, on both masts and booms and full update of her systems for another round the world voyage. This was due to commence Winter 2012. However, her owner’s plans have now changed and she is therefore now being offered for sale prepared and ready for this adventure.
A proper blue water cruising yacht with outstanding pedigree she was built as TWIRLYBIRD to a custom design from Ed Dubois and built at Dubbel & Jesse in Germany. Her current owner has remained loyal to the quality and spirit of the yacht and she has always been a large budget yacht. In return she has taken him on incredible adventures not only to Antarctica, Ushuaia and the Falklands, but also to Chile, the East Coast of the USA , the Caribbean and all parts of the Mediterranean as well as Australia, New Zealand, Polynesia and Indian Ocean. She is now ready for serious adventures with her new owner.
Note: Bermudan (Hamilton) flag.
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Aluminum construction. Hull generally at 6mm with 12mm inserts.
- The superstructure is aluminium with the section from the pilothouse aft removed and remodeled at Orams Marine in 2005 to improve the ergonomics of the area.
- The deck is 5mm aluminium with 10mm marine ply and 12mm teak deck laid over.
- The deck was replaced from the aluminum subdeck up in 2007 at Amico Shipyard in Italy.
- At build 3 hull to deck watertight bulkheads were fitted in the bow, forepeak and lazarette. Over the years these have been breached to allow access for systems between the compartments but these could be reinstated to total watertight integrity if needed and in their current state, they provide considerable security when navigating in remote waters.
- The hull and superstructure were repainted in Awlgrip Matterhorn white in the winter 2012.
- Complete new deck caulking (2014/15).
- Extensive paint works on coachroof and other areas of the superstructure (2014/15).
- Cleaning of her bottom, some repairs and new antifouling (2014/2015).
Keel & Rudder:
- Semi-skeg hung rudder on an aluminium skeg fabricated with hull bottom. The balanced rudder blade is fabricated in aluminium.
- The keel is executed in 10mm and 12mm plate.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Mercedes 12 cylinders - OM 424 V12 – Max. 414 HP diesel engine.
- Twin Disc International Nivelles-Belgium gearbox - Model MG-514C, Reduction Ratio 2:1. Rebuilt January 2012.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine completely rebuilt in March 2012.
- Engine Hours: 2,190 @ October 2013.
- Range: 2000nm @ 9 knots, 2500nm @ 8 knots.
- Complete bowthruster, and gearbox overhaul (carried out by factory in Istanbul) (2014/15).
Propulsion & Steering:
- Hundested Propulsion Systems propeller - Model FR, Size 6, Intermediate Shaft ST50-2, Muff Coupling GGG-42.
- Spurs Marine MFG propeller cutter – Model F1.
- Deep Sea Seal Ltd deep sea seal – Model EL.
- Richfield Marine bow thruster - Model 400RA, Rated 19-38 kW , 25-50 HP, Controlled by 1 Bosch Rexroth Proportional Valve.
- Whitlock universal joint steering system; 2 x combined stations (wheelhouse and cockpit).
- 24V (a few electronics units at 12V).
- 32 x 6V Batteries (Service) - Total 2000 AH 24V – April 2013.
- 4 x 12V Batteries (Engine) - Total 180 AH 24V.
- 4 (2+2) x 12V Batteries (Generators) - Total 90AH 24V (each).
- Mastervolt Battery Monitor.
- 3 x Mastervolt 100 A (each).
- 1 x 50 Ah for Main Engine Start Batteries.
- 2 x 120 Ah Motorola for Service Batteries.
- 1 x Port Generator Start Batteries.
- 1 x Stbd Generator Start Batteries.
- 2 x Northern Lights 26kW - 50Hz - Model M944W (March 2008).
- Generator Hours: Port generator hrs. 4,746 @ Oct. 2013; Stbd. generator hrs. 3,900 @ Oct. 2013.
- 1 x Fischer Panda 10kW - 50Hz - Model PMS 12.000 NE (May 2009).
- Generator Hours: 1,250 @ October 2013.
- 1 x AGF IST4 - 50Hz - Max 4000 W – Continuous 1000 W inverter.
- 1 x Mastervolt Dakar Sine 24 V – 3000 W inverter.
- 1 x Mastervolt Dakar Combi 24 V – 3000 W – Charger 100 Amps inverter.
- The system is powered from either 26kW Generators by PTO’s powering the bow thruster and windlasses with a pressure of 140 bar at the units.
- Oil Tank Dimensions: 550 x 700 x 400 mm. HxLxW.
- Capacity: 150 Litres.
- 2 x Rexroth Hydraulic Pumps Model A10VO 71 DFR/31 R-PSC 61 NOO.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 2 x Gianneschi & Ramacciotti ECOINOX C.E series fresh water pumps.
- 2 x Sigmar boilers – Model BO80U316, Capacity 80 Litres; Each 1 x 1200W + 1 x 1500W 240V; Dimensions: 450x760 mm
- 2 x HEM Series 20 - Each unit produces approximately 180 lts./ 47 gal. per hour - Total 360 lts./ 95 gal. per hour.
- 2 x Calpeda Priming Pumps - Model 22 0.55 kW.
- 2 x CAT H/P Pumps - Model LMP 90LS 1.5 kW.
- 2 x Remote Control Units.
- Each bilge has a separate pump – 5 x bilge pumps 24V in total and 1 x emergency high volume petrol bilge pump/fire pump.
- Total fuel capacity of 5,194 litres (1,142 IMP gal / 1,371 US gal).
- FWD Tank 1.514 Litres (333 IMP gal / 399 US gal).
- CENTRE Tank 1.475 Litres (324 IMP gal / 389 US gal).
- STBD Tank 990 Litres (217 IMP gal / 260 US gal).
- PORT Tank 990 Litres (217 IMP gal / 260 US gal).
- DAY Tank 225 Litres (49 IMP gal / 58 US gal).
- Total water capacity of 2,610 litres (574 IMP gal / 689 US gal).
- Port 810 Litres (178 IMP gal / 213 US gal).
- Starboard 810 Litres (178 IMP gal / 213 US gal).
- Aft 765 Litres (168 IMP gal / 201 US gal).
- Desalinator tank 225 Litres (49 IMP gal / 58 US gal).
Grey/Black water holding tanks:
- 3 x Gianneschi & Ramaciotti Pumps – Model ECO-MV 44kW 0.3HP.
- Grey Water Tank Forward: 624 Litres (137 IMP gal / 164 US gal).
- Grey Water Tank After: 720 Litres (158 IMP gal / 189 US gal).
- Black Water Tank: 624 Litres (137 IMP gal / 164 US gal).
- NorthStar 8000I System network equipped with: Chart plotter – C-Map, 10 kW Radar 6’ Open Array – Range 72 nm, 1kW depth sounder, 15” display unit (Pilothouse), 12” waterproof display unit (Cockpit) & Video camera for engine room monitoring.
- Furuno TZT 14” Touchscreen Unit equipped with (March 2013): Chart Plotter – C-Map, Furuno DRS6A 6kW Radar 4’ Open Array – Range 64 nm.
- B&G Hydra System equipped with:wind station, speed, depth sounder, compass – 16 displays.
- Comar CSB200 AIS class B unit with Vesper watchmate display.
- Tokimek Gyro Compass GM 21 equipped with (Rebuilt June 2013): Scandinavian Micro Systems gyro repeater LR60.
- VEI Ocean View Apollo II Thermal & Low Light Camera.
- Furuno Navtex
- Robertson/Neco Hydraulic 0.5HP-24V autopilot motor.
- 1 x Robertson AP45 Unit with Wireless Remote Control.
- 1 x Simrad AP24 Unit + AC12 B/B with WR20 Remote Control (March 2013).
- Sailor Fleet 77 – data Speed 128k.
- Sailor Iridium SC4150.
- Thrane & Thrane Sat C TT3020C
- 3 x Sailor C403 VHF Stations.
- Icom ICM- 505 DSC VHF with Cockpit Icom Comandmic 3.
- 4 x Icom hand held VHF.
- TM Ocean Minder Tracking Unit (via Inmarsat).
- Desktop PC.
- Printer A4/A3 RICOH 610N.
- Internet Wireless Bridge System.
- Galley + Saloon - Approximate Capacity: Freezers 340 lts./90 gal. & Refrigerators 487 lts./128 gal.
- 2 x Danfoss Compressors BD24/24V.
- 2 x UH Compressors 220V/50Hz/4.3AMPS.
- 1 x Calpeda Cooling Pump – Model 22 0.55kW.
- 1 x U-line Ice Maker BI 95 220V 50Hz.
- AlpesInox 4 Gas Burners Stove and Oven.
- AlpesInox 2 Electrical Burners.
- Electric Oven De Longhi (Aug.2013).
- Washer (Aug. 2013) and Dryer (Nov. 2012).
- 3 x Heads compartments.
- The forward heads serves the crew accommodation and has electric head (2014/15), basin and separate shower stall.
- The mid heads compartment is shared by the 2 guest cabins and has a separated shower compartment, electric fresh water flushing head, basin and bidet.
- The owner’s heads compartment has a power shower in a separated compartment, electric fresh water flush heads, bidet and basin.
- 2 x Frigomar Chillers with heating pump 603-220V-50Hz–3HP.
- 1 x Calpeda Fresh Water Pump NCM 22/1 - 0.3HP.
- 1 x Magnatec Sea Water Pump 0.3HP.
- 12 x Fan-coils 75 Watt.
- Philips 42” LCD TV (August 2010).
- Pioneer DVD player.
- Sony Blue Ray DVD Player (August 2010).
- Pioneer Audio/Video multi channel receiver.
Entertainment (Master Cabin):
- Sharp Aquos 15“ LCD TV.
- Sony DVD Player
- Technics stereo system.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Sleeps up to 6 guests in 3 cabins (1 x master cabin plus 2 x guest cabins) with crew accommodations for up to 4 in 2 x cabins.
- Varnished inside the wheelhouse (2014/15).
Description of layout from forwards:
There is a large lazarette compartment forward which can be accessed via the crew accommodation heads compartment which is directly behind it. There is a full width crew cabin with 4 berths. At the moment, one of these is used for storage. The crew accommodation is finished in teak as with the rest of the yacht and to the same high standard. The yacht has teak floors throughout although the guest accommodation and main saloon have cream, bound carpets fitted as well.
There is a corridor aft of this leading to the skipper’s cabin which is to starboard. To port is a generous twin guest cabin. The corridor leads to the galley which is executed in white formica with corian surfaces for easy clean and it has a u shaped working surface with sinks forward and cooker outboard. There is enormous refrigeration to give the yacht capability to spend extended periods offshore. Currently there is a lot of emphasis placed on the standard of cooking aboard LICORNE and this is reflected in the galley equipment. The galley leads into the main saloon.
To port is another door into a large double guest cabin with lots of storage and a desk. A generous heads compartment is located between this and the second guest cabin forward and is shared between the 2 cabins.
The main saloon has a large leather seat with chairs and a dining table on the fwd section and a big separate seating area to starboard. The cabin has large port lights and 2 hatches which provide great atmosphere and light and the bulkheads are lined with books. This owner had this cabin remodeled in his ownership. This is an enchanting cabin. There is easy access to the pilothouse which has steering, navigational equipment and a large seat aft for passage making. There are steps up to the cockpit.
The cockpit was completely redesigned by this owner and has a helm station to starboard forward. Aft is a generous seating area with a hydraulically operated table which gives the area the flexibility to be used for dining, as a coffee table or as a large sunbathing area.
Aft of the main saloon there are steps down to a passageway which houses the main electrical panels and to starboard is access into the engine room which well thought out for maintenance purposes.
At the end of the corridor is the entrance to the owner’s cabin with 2 double berths port and starboard, a dressing table and large en-suite heads compartment.
- Cutter headed ketch rig with furling spars from Rondal.
- The rig was surveyed in June 2011. All defective parts were replaced. In the winter of 2012 the rigs were unstepped and all potentially worn parts replaced. All blocks, hydraulic motors, swivels and fittings, including both booms, were carefully checked and serviced.
- Hydraulic Rondall Furlers for Genoa, Main Sail and Mizzen; 3-Way Hydraulic – 2 x pumps Bosch 0136-355060; 24V 1500W 2500L/MIN.
- Carbon pole.
- 2 x Lewmar L98 24V Electric Winches.
- 2 x Lewmar L65 ST 24V Electric Winches.
- 4 x Lewmar L55 ST 24V Electric Winches.
- Halsey Lidguard Cuban Fiber Genoa 2006
- Halsey Lidguard Cuban Fiber Main Sail 2006.
- Halsey Lidguard Cuban Fiber Mizzen Sail 2006.
- Halsey Lidguard Dacron Main Sail 2011.
- Halsey Lidguard Dacron Genoa 2012.
- UK Halsey Mizzen Staysail (with sock) 2010.
- Zaoli Sails Cruising Chute (with sock).
- Zaoli Sails Staysail.
- Hood Storm Staysail.
- Cockpit table with electric height adjustment – dining, coffee and sun platform position.
- Side boarding ladder.
- Stern passerelle.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 2 x Maxwell Windlasses - Model VWC4500 with Electronic Chain Counters.
- 2 x 150 Kg CQR Anchors with S/S Kong Swivels.
- 100m of 13mm chain @ Port.
- 70m of 13mm chain @ Stbd.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Dodger system and cockpit cover extension.
- Cockpit sun awning.
- Sunbrella Plus winter cover (top and sides) (2014/15).
- Sunbrella sun awning (for the cockpit area) (2014/15).
Tender & Outboard:
- Novurania 4.30 m. equipped with: Yamaha 60 Hp 4 Stroke Outboard – Model F60 CETL-EF, Garmin depth sounder/fish finder, DSC VHF & Garmin Oregon 400C Gps with charts.
- 3 x 406 MHz EPIRBS.
- Sea Marshall RDF Man Over Board System + 4 x 121.5 MHz EPIRBS.
- 2 x Horse Shoe Life Rings.
- 2 x Viking 8 Men Offshore Life Rafts ( Last service March 2013).
- 1 x Ocean Safety Jonbouy Man Overboard Module (Sep. 2013).
- 6 x Inflatable Lifejackets.
- 3 x Sailing dry suits.
- 13 x Plastimo Typhoon Life Jackets.
- Portable fire extinguishers
- Portable emergency fire pump.
Note: Any items not expressly listed within these sales particulars are not including in the sale; more specifically any effects and equipment etc.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.