MAJOR PRICE REDUCTION
A highly refined and upgraded yacht, Solstice has always been a special yacht, and now, she is even more special.
With three staterooms and two heads, and an option for a third, tremendous headroom, very impressive storage space, she offers what many modern yachts cannot: a classical sailing and cruising yacht with luxury, a turn of speed, durable components.
Solstice has so much of what is important for cruisers and is impressive on many levels. She has a 6 cylinder engine, big generator, large battery banks, great electronics, impressive rigging work, all done by Rhode Island craftsman.
Solstice's owner and her Captain, have reconfigured plumbing, electrical, rigging, mechanical systems, greatly improving to more modern yacht standards. Many systems have been comprehensively reviewed, analyzed, upgraded or simply replaced with better
We invite you to have a look at this special yacht to see for yourself why she would make such a great addition to your family, your sailing experience, and most important, the incredible memories that cruising on a Hinckley SW 50 brings to your life.
Please note, when in photos, click on lower case "i" in top left corner of the photograph for more details about that particular photo.
Spécifications, Équipements et informations supplémentaires:
Nom du bateau
Quille: Quille pleine
Longeur hors tout: 50 Pied 0 Pouce
Tirant d'eau minimum: 5 Pied 11 Pouce
Tirant d'eau maximum: 11 Pied 0 Pouce
Déplacement: 36000 Livres
Vitesse de croisière: 7 Noeuds
Nombre de réservoirs d'eau: (310 Gallons)
Nombre de réservoirs de carburant: (220 Gallons)
Nombre de réservoirs des eaux usées: (30 Gallons)
Solstice has been owned by what can only be described as the very best owners. She has been improved yearly, and to some extent has systems engineered by top of the foodchain technicians. Couple this with an original build that is clearly superior, and
Entry to interior via cockpit companionway steps
SOLSTICE features a superb interior plan sleeping 6 to 8 in three private staterooms and main salon. There are two heads with showers. The headroom is impressive as is the extreme amount of easily accessible storage throughout, beneath settees, behind seat backs, in lockers.
The general layout as follows:
- Galley - Aft to starboard and along the starboard side of the salon
- Navigation Station - Aft to port
- Main Salon settee and dinette is to port
- Guest Head - Forward and to starboard of Main Salon
- Master Cabin - Forward and to port
- Master Head - Forward
- Shared shower
- Guest stateroom to starboard with upper and lower berths
- V Berth (guest #2), all the way forward
Interior is finished in satin-varnished ash which is very light and feels larger than it is as result:
- Gorgeous freshly varnished Teak and holly sole made from solid teak
- Very nice custom finished cushions throughout
- curtains for windows and ports
- Voluminous storage area in forepeak
VESSEL LAYOUT DETAILED
GALLEY: (Aft to starboard)
Outboard the U-shaped galley has Sea Blue Corian countertops and locker and countertop hatch storage:
- Aft: Double stainless steel sink aft - new faucets and fixtures, pressure hot and cold water
- Outboard: Shipmate 3-burner gimballed propane stove with over-sized oven
- Forward: Grunert refrigeration and separate freezer, top-accessed through the countertop. Teak grate bottom liner.
NAVIGATION STATION: (Aft to port)
The Nav Station is opposite the Galley
- Full, sit-down, opening nav desk faces outboard
- Electronics and instruments
- Other lockers and storage compartments
The Main Salon may be used for dining, sleeping and/or an entertainment center.
- Dinette: L-shaped settee with dining table (folding leaves). The dinette berth seating may pull-out, forming a second single settee berth.
To starboard is the GALLEY
GUEST HEAD: (Forward, to starboard)
Immediately forward and to starboard of the Main Salon is a forward Head
- Newer countertops
- Type--- head with holding tank
- Sink with hot & cold pressure water, faucets and fixtures
- Handheld shower
- Locker storage
MASTER HEAD (Forward)
This second Head is located forward of and adjoins the Guest Head. The adjoining Master Head is to port and private to the Master Forward Cabin.
- Vacuflush head with holding tank
- Sink with hot & cold pressure water
- Handheld shower
- Locker and vanity storage
- Exhaust fan
With ensuite private Head to port, the Master Cabin is located immediately forward of the salon to port, accessed via the passageway and features:
- Large (queen-sized) bed to port and outboard
- Drawer storage below the berths
- Shelf storage over outboard the berths
- Full-length hanging lockers
- Nice lighting and hatch for ventilation
- Bureau with locker over and mirror
- Mirror - full-length on cabin door
FORWARD GUEST CABIN
- Upper and Lower berths to starboard in the cabin
- Drawer storage
- Hanging locker
FORWARD GUEST CABIN - V BERTH
- Large (enormous?) V berth
- Lee clothes
- Hanging locker storage
- Drawer storage
Hull construction consists of a Solid hand laid fiberglass hull and deck with longitudinal stiffeners and additional lamination in higher stress areas. The hull to deck joint features a reverse hull flange receiving the deck and fibreglassed and thru bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint.
- External lead keel is thru-bolted.
- Cast bronze foil-shaped centerboard - with Hinckley worm-gear centerboard lift
- Full-length teak and stainless steel rub rails
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits with double lifelines and port & starboard gates
- Translucent opening hatches with new opaque coloured lexan tops
- Awlgrip Matterhorn white hull
- Cove and Boot stripes
The heart of the electrical system of SOLSTICE is a comprehensive 12-volt DC and 110/125 VAC electrical system with extra circuits and power transfered to the individual circuits vi breaker panels with circuit breakers. Much effort has been spent in this area of the yacht to bring her into this current century.
- 12-volt batteries for Engine start circuit
- Deep-cycle AGM batteries, House bank
- 12-volt battery Generator start
110/125 VAC system:
- 50-amp shore power cord
- Heart inverter with automatic battery charger
- Westerbeke diesel generator
SAILS and RIGGING
Hood single-spreader electric Stoway main and mizzen.
- Spars repainted
- New standing and running rigging with new halyards and other running rigging
- 1 x 19 stainless steel standing rigging
- Harken furling system
- Second jib halyard
- Insulated backstay for use with SSB
- Mast height believed to be 61 ft off of WL
- Electric Primary Winches all may be controller from the cockpit.
- Main and mizzen controlled from the cockpit.
- The headsail controlled from cockpit
Sails: Thurston Sails
- Stoway Main
- Stoway Mizzen
- 150% Genoa
- Working Jib
Six Cylinder superbly smooth Lehman Ford Diesel engine with 3-blade Max prop
- Rudder angle indicator
- Racor fuel filters for engine and generator
- DC powered oil transfer pump for engine and generator
- Propane shut-off
- Saltwater and freshwater outlets
- Ideal electric anchor windlass
- stainless CQR anchor
- Galvanized CQR
- Fortress anchor
- 3/8” chain and long rode
- HT chain
- long section nylon rode
- Saltwater deck wash
- Dock lines
- Safety Jack lines
- Misc Boat hook
- Four Fenders with covers
- Horseshoe lifering
- Life raft
- MOB tube
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.