M/V DAUNTLESS upgrades 2010 – 2014:
- Trace, remove, re-route and rewire redundant, unused or poor wiring, AC and DC.
- Rewire starter circuits, low oil pressure alarm (new switches), temp. gauges and sensors (3each engine), partial 12V interior lights and circuits, partial AC wiring.
- Clean and organize, documenting work and diagramming new wiring.
- Clean shore power electrical system connections..
- Upgrade wiring on 2 breaker panels.
- InstallZantrax2000Freedominverter/charger w/circuit breakers and lock outslides.
- Install new 105A port engine alternator.
- Install rebuilt starboard engine alternator.
- Recondition spare alternator.
- Install new forward auto bilge pump.
- Install manual aft pump.
- Install new Norcold AC/DC 3.1 cu. ft. refrigerator.
- Install new 12V flush.
- Install new poly holding tank.
- Install 3 new 8D commercial batteries inboxes
- Install new engine coolant hoses as needed.
- Install 2 new raw water impellers.
- Install bow rail stanchions, cable lifelines, and starboard amidships boarding gate.
- Install new carpet and pad in salon.
- Build and install custom cushioned salon seating.
- Install new 2014 Garmin GMR 18HD 4KW radar dome, 15M cable.
- Install new 2014 Garmin GPS MAP 4210 chartplotter.
General upgrades: (2010-2014)
- Widen and lengthen swim platform, adding 2 additional hull brackets.
- Silver solder bow water tank weep.
- Steam clean engines, engine room and lazarette.
- Polish fuel.
- Repair door and window sliders.
- Buff hull and house.
- Service engines on regular basis.
- Sand and varnish rubrails (6coatsEpifanes)and helm area (4coatsEpifanes).
- Replace trim tab actuator units, hydraulic power unit, and actuator hinge pins.
- Engine shop manuals and owner’s manuals for all onboard equipment are included.
- DC electrical system.
- 2-8D starting batteries, new 2010.
- 8D house battery, new 2010.
- Battery selector switch.
- Forward bilge pump with high water alarms.
- Aft bilge pumps with auto and hi-water alarms.
- 3 windshield wipers.
- Navigation lights.
- Dual trumpet horn by Ongaro.
- JRC radar.
- Standard Horizon 12" chartplotter.
- Standard Horizon VHF.
- Engine instrumentation at helm.
- Microwave oven.
- 3 burner electric stove.
- Engine controls, water temp, and tachometer gauges at flybridge.
- Trim tabs.
- Bow deck illumination light.
- Spreader lights.
- 2' flybridge safety rail.
- 12' aluminum mast with boom.
- Neco 12V anchor windlass.
- 22kg Plow anchor with 9/16" chain and nylon rode.
- Hot water heater.
- Hand grabrails.
- Trawler style with Pilothouse
- Spacious aft cabin with table, 2 chairs and settee.
- Helm has starboard seat for two and port single seat.
- Covered fiberglass side decks with 20" bulwarks.
- Sliding doors starboard and aft.
- Teak after deck.
- Full width swim step.
- Roomy foredeck with S/S stanchions and 36" lifelines.
- Flybridge has engine controls and 2' safety rail.
- Below is full galley.
- Forward stateroom with queen bed, full hanging locker and drawers.
- Electric head, shower, and lav.
- Twin Ford Sabre Turbocharged diesels, 6 cylinder, 212 hp, with 460 hours.
- Speeds: 9 knots @ 1500 RPM; 12 knots @ 1800 RPM; 15.5 knots @ 2250 RPM.
A survey performed on 18 March 2009 reported the following:
ENGINE HOURS: estimated @ 400.0 as reported.
MAINTENANCE LOG OR RECEIPTS: Receipts furnished indicated the starboard
engine was new in 2000."
Prior owner had stated that port engine was totally rebuilt in 2000.
The accumulation of 400 hours from 2000 to 2005 by prior owner included two round trips between Newburyport MA and FL plus local use.
Oil sample analyses taken in March of 2009 reported acceptable results for both engines. Boat was hauled in latter part of 2005 and remained ashore until 2010.
Port engine injection system was rebuilt by current owner.
Additional hours added in 2010 as follows:
- Sea trial in Newburyport MA-approximately4hours.
- Delivery voyage to Jonesport, ME -approximately20 hours plus additional 10 hours local use.
- Hour meters installed in Spring of 2011-current reading 17.5 hours on each engine.
- Total engine hours both port and starboard engines can be very conservatively stated to be no more than 500 for each engine since year 2000.