MAJOR REFIT WAS DONE BY PRESENT OWNER IN 2012-2015: (much of it done by Clarke Marine, South Berwick, ME)
- 2013 hull topsides painted white with Awlcraft 2000 paint.
- 2013 Red Awlcraft painted on red boot and cove stripe.
- 2013 Bottom peeled and epoxied using Interprotect 2000, then blue bottom anitfouling paint applied.
- 2013 trunk cabin, housetop, cockpit, binnacle and washrails on deck painted with Snow White Interlux Perfection Plus epoxy paint.
- 2013 Awlcraft white paint on both booms, and mizzen mast.
- 2013 All exterior brightwork wooded and refinished with many coats of Epiphanes varnish (deck hardware, dorades and Dodger fittings removed before varnishing).
- 2013 White Dodger (with zip-on awning while at anchor) made by Anita Rozencrantz.
- 2013 new interior red cushions by Anita Rozencrantz.
- 2014 Removed three water tanks, flushed with vinegar bath, pressure tested and reinstalled with new manifold.
- 2013 Removed all copper plumbing, and replaced with Pex water hose.
- 2012 Two new 10 lb aluminum LPG tanks with new regulators.
- 2012 all chainplates pulled and inspected by Paul Giroux Rigging; new headstay and backstay; port and starboard shrouds replaced; mizzen chainplates were reported to be fine.
- 2012 new running rigging.
- 2012 new manual Whale bilge pump and three Rule bilge pumps.
- 2013 new 110V shore plug installed called "Smart Plug".
- 2013 Hood Stoway mast motor motor rebuilt - plastic gears replaced with S/S (mainsail can now be unfurled in 6-7 seconds).
- 2013 15 gallon holding tank and plumbing installed under port vee berth.
- 2013 12V Sea Frost refrigeration-freezer installed by Tom Rowe.
- 2013 Rebuilt Ideal vertical electric windlass with chain gypsy (up only).
- 2013 North roller furling main, 120% roller furling genoa and mizzen with full battens.
- 2012 Raymarine electronics: Digital Radar C-90 Raymarine GPS-Plotter; Raymarine ST 6002 autopilot; ST60 wind, speed and depthsounder.
- 2012 Sirius XM weather and XM radio.
- 2012 Jensen CD-AM-FM stereo with Fusion speakers in cockpit; Realistic speakers below.
- 2014 new Blue Seas AC-DC electrical panels with some rewiring and cleaning up old wiring done by Whiting Marine.
- 2014 Four Lifeline AGM 100 amp batteries.
- 2014 German engineered Superwind 350 wind generator with smart regulator (very quiet as mounted on top of mizzen; also, self-feathering blade) - Charges house batteries first, then engine start battery.
HULL & DECK:
- Solid hand laid fiberglass hull and deck.
- Encapsulated lead ballast with bronze centerboard.
- White hull, red boot and cove stripes, blue bottom - all refinished 2013.
- Beige non-skid decks; white washrails painted gloss white 2014.
- All exterior brightwork stripped and revarnished with Epiphanes varnish (many coats).
- Teak hull rubrail with S/S half-round revarnished with gloss varnish on top; satin varnish below.
- Two Hinckley translucent deck hatches; there are screens for the companionway.
- Recessed deck scuppers in side decks for drier decks.
- Two fiberglass Dorade boxes with Perko chrome ventilators and one large Perko cowl ventilator over anchor locker.
- Fresh water washdown pump.
- Varnished teak toerails, cockpit coamings, handrails, lazarette and LPG lockers.
- Hinckley S/S bow plate, bow and stern rails.
- Edson pedestal wheel steering; helmsman seat attached to mizzen mast.
- Teak cockpit grate and custom teak helm step for seeing over Dodger, while at wheel.
- 2 forward, port and starboard, portlights rebidded 2010.
- Varnished teak folding cockpit table.
- Fitted cockpit cushions, white with blue piping.
- S/S with teak treads, folding swim ladder, mounts on starboard genoa track.
- All thru-hulls are bronze.
- Givens 6 man liferaft, inspected 2014 by Chase Leavitt, Portland, Maine with 2014 personal locator beacon added.
- EPIRB mounted on stern rail.
Fuel: 30 gallons in one aluminum tank.
Water: 100 gallons in three tanks.
Holding: 2013 15 gallon poly tank under port vee berth.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- 1992 Westerbeke 46 hp diesel, FWC, larger engine than standard 40 hp diesel.
- 1592 hours on meter as of May 2016.
- 2013 new shaft and cutlass bearing.
- Racor fuel filter.
- Three blade Max prop.
- 12V-110V electrical system with new 110V Smart Plug.
- 30 amp, 50' shore power cable.
- Engine mounted alternator.
- 2014 Xantrex 60 amp three stage battery charger.
- 2014 Four Lifeline AGM batteries, 100 amp each.
- Allcraft S/S 12 gallon hot water heater.
- 2014 Blue Seas AC-DC panels.
- Superwind 350 wind generator with Smart regulator, allows three days of refrigeration use without charging via shore power.
- For six in renowned, stunning varnished Honduras mahogany interior, with a teak and holly sole.
- Recent refinishing includes complete revarnishing of interior and 12 coats on the sole.
- Forward cabin has vee berths (filler available), seat between berths, storage drawers under, and a large hanging locker.
- Ventilation is provided by a large overhead hatch.
- Next to port is an enclosed head with Wilcox Crittenden "Skipper" manual W.C., sink and vanity, handheld shower, and more storage lockers.
- Opposite the head is a second hanging locker.
- Two transom settees and two pilot berths with new red berth cushions. There are drawers under the pilot berths, and lockers under transom berths.
- Forward to starboard is a lovely tiled fireplace, burning wood/charcoal.
- A gloss varnished mahogany drop leaf dining table is mounted on centerline.
- The galley is U-shaped to port at the base of the companionway with beige laminated countertops.
- The is a Shipmate S/S three burner LPG stove and oven.
- Double S/S sinks with hot and cold pressure water.
- Numerous dish and storage lockers.
- Aft to starboard is a large S/S lined Seafrost refrigerator-freezer which doubles as navigation table.
- The nav instruments, Radar-GPS and VHF are over the nav table.
- Aft of the nav table is a foul weather locker.
- Ritchie binnacle compass with Hinckley Logo.
- 2012 Raymarine C-90 Radar-GPS Plotter (with wide screen, mounted below).
- 2012 Raymarine ST6002 autopilot.
- 2012 Raymarine ST60 wind, speed and depth instruments.
- Jensen Sirius XM radio - CD player and plug for IPOD.
- Sirius XM weather.
- Raymarine VHF radio.
- Garmin 76CX handheld GPS.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- Hood Stoway roller furling mainsail.
- Harken II roller furling genoa system.
- Mizzen has full battens for slab reefing.
- 2013 North Sails: 120% genoa, mainsail& mizzen.
- White mizzen sailcover.
- Spinnaker pole and whisker pole, painted with Awlcraft paint 2013.
- Varnished teak shroud rollers.
- Bohndell #1 Genoa, 135%, spare.
- Bohndell #3 genoa, spare.
- Hood #3 heavy weather Genoa spare.
- Bohndell working jib, spare.
- Bohndell spinnaker.
- Hood Reacher, spare.
- Hood staysail, spare.
- Hood mizzen.
- Hood mizzen staysail.
- White mizzen sail cover.
- White UV strip on genoa.
- All Barient winches, all winches regreased yearly or bi-yearly as needed.
- Two Barient #28 S/S S.T. primary winches.
- One Barient #23 S/S secondary, self-tailing winch, for roller furler.
- One Barient #23 S/S secondary winch.
- One Barient #22 S/S self tailing winch on cabin top.
- Two Barient #16 S/S winches on mast.
- Two Barient #10 's on mast.
- Schaefer genoa car blocks.
- Wilcox Crittenden genoa foot blocks.
- Dyer Dhow 7'11" sailing dinghy.
- USCG gear; life jackets, fenders, docklines, fire extinguishers, horn.
- 35 lb CQR anchor.
- 20 lb Danforth HT anchor.
- 35 lb Herreshoff Fishermans anchor.
- 150' 5/8" rode; 15' chain.
- Ideal vertical electric windlass with chain gypsy, rebuilt motor in 2013.
COMMENTS: ARION is one of the Classic Hinckley Bermuda 40 keel-centerboard yawls, which has benefited from a complete and extensive refit by her engineer owner. Please review all the improvements listed above and know that she looks much newer than her years. ARION is the MKII version which confirms the mast is stepped forward of the main salon, allowing for more spacious salon. She also has the Hood Stoway mainmast for easy handling, allowing the mainsail to be unfurled in 6-7 seconds. This, along with her roller furling genoa, makes this B-40 an ideal "couples" cruising vessel. And due to their robust construction of solid glass hull and decks, the Hinckley B-40's are capable of crossing oceans, and their modest draft also permits cruising in the Bahamas or other shallow draft waters.
ARION is an outstanding example of this iconic Classic Yawl; she has been stored in her own heated shed under this ownership. Please call for your inspection and we thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.