1952 Classic Captain's Launch
- Voir toutes les caractéristiques
- Type de moteur/essence:
- Monomoteur / diesel
- Situé en:
- Oxford, MD
- Matériau de la coque:
- Prix actuel:
- US$ 20,000 (EUR 18,455)
Price Reduced from $34,900!
Seller says bring all reasonable offers,
or may be interested in a partial trade for a Jeep Wrangler.
Extremely elegant & completely restored classic captain's launch, originally built in 1952. "Sara" is a one-of-a-kind 18' classic vessel, sure to turn heads wherever she goes. Perfect for a peaceful evening enjoying a cruise on the creek, her beautiful lines make her difficult to miss! Lovingly cared for over the years, she will make her owner proud. Please be sure to click on the full specs tab for all of the details on this beautiful vessel.
DiMillo’s Yacht Sales is a professional yacht dealership and brokerage firm with six locations stretching from Maine to Maryland. DiMillo’s has been providing yacht sales expertise since 1998, with over two hundred years of combined experience, and now represents new yachts from Sabre Yachts, Back Cove Yachts, Coastal Craft and Southport. In addition to new and pre-owned yacht sales, DiMillo’s is proud to have a full time, year round service team that focuses efforts on their new and brokerage buyers. The service team’s capabilities include all aspects of commissioning new vessels, yacht repair and in-house captain services.
For an appointment to see the boat or if you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com or try my mobile number: 410-829-2342.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Please contact Brett Starke at 410-267-1808
Visiter le site web
Spécifications, Équipements et informations supplémentaires:
Nom du bateau
Longeur hors tout: 18 Pied 7 Pouce
Maître bau: 5 Pied 7 Pouce
Tirant d'eau maximum: 2 Pied 0 Pouce
Poids à sec: 1800 Livres
Puissance totale: 18 HP
Marque moteur: Volvo Penta
Modèle moteur: 2002 Series
Type de moteur/essence: Diesel
Nombre d'heures: 50
Hélice: Hélice tripale
Type de transmission: Prise directe
Puissance moteur: 18 HP
Vitesse max: 6 Noeuds
Nombre de réservoirs de carburant: 1 Acier inoxydable (25 Gallons)
Pompe de cale électrique
Coussins de cockpit
Vessel Overview & History
"Sara" is one-of-a-kind classic captain's launch, believed to have been used as a launch aboard a classic paddlewheeler on Chesapeake Bay.
Re-fit to exacting standards, she is the quintessential vessel to enjoy a peaceful evening cruise up the river by the discerning yachtsman or yachtswoman. With her recently Awlgripped Flag Blue hull and superior brightwork, she is sure to attract attention wherever she sails!
She was originally built in 1952. Actual builder is not known, but her hull was built in the early days of fiberglass construction, so she is over-built compared to today's computer designed craft. This is evident when looking at her robust construction details.
In 1980 she was purchased and completely rebuilt to exacting detail by a hands-on professional machinist and cabinetmaker. Any work outside of his scope was professionally completed to the highest standards.
Her current owner purchased her in 2010, and has enjoyed her for evening cocktail cruises on the Tred Avon River. Both her current and previous owners kept her out of the water, so there is no sign of osmotic blistering anywhere in her hull.
Elegant and eye-catching, do not miss the opportunity to enjoy owning a unique classic. "Sara" awaits your inspection in Oxford, Maryland.
Engine & Electrical
- Volvo 2002 Series 2-cylinder engine with approximately 50 hours running time, installed in the boat in 2009.
- New engine instrument gauges.
- Fully insulated engine enclosure.
- 3-blade bronze propeller.
- 25 gallon stainless steel fuel tank forward.
- Engine starting battery with switch located under the forward seat.
- Built during the early days where fiberglass was constructed with many extra layers of mat & resin for added strength and rigidity, the hull on this vessel is very thick and robust. Prior to a recent painting of her hull with Flag Blue Awlgrip, the entire outer hull was re-skinned to make her shine like new.
- Decks are fore and aft teak strakes filled with a thiokol-type bedding compound.
- Interior woodwork is teak, along with her custom seating areas fore and aft.
- Extensive custom hardware.
- Engine bed is constructed of white oak.
- Main propeller strut is a Y strut design.
- Rudder is stainless steel construction, and is a rectangular "butt hung" mounted design which includes a skeg shoe.
- She is equipped with heavy lifting eyes in the fore and aft bilge, and comes with a single lift bridle for launching and retrieval via overhead crane.
- Single-axle trailer included with sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.